2007 Camry Hrybrid battery draining?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2007 Camry Hrybrid battery draining?

Thanks evryone for the input. After another day the tech still has not performed the full test since the car isn't throwing codes. I've asked for them to give me the car back tomorrow. I might try a few of the tests but my wife s now committed to dumping the car. This has been a very frustrating experience. Disappointed in Toyota and the Dealer.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:11 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drini
I do not think this is a HV Battery problem. From my perspective the MG2 is supplied with power while you keep pressed the breaks. So there is a lot of energy wasted as heat at MG2 (probably also MG1). This could happen if the signal from breaks is not received (or processed) by computer. This could be a simple thing.
What happens if you come to a stop with fully charged battery, AC off and without turning the engine off put it in Park or Neutral? How long can the battery stay charged?
Please keep us posted.
I talked to the tech at the dealer and his response was, "There's a code for that and no code, no problem." When I get the car today I'll run the test you mentioned and will let you know. Thanks again for the help.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I would advise you to set the MFD display to where it shows the battery-engine and tire, called the energy monitor screen. The display button is on the lower part of your steering wheel.

It's easier to see as it's located inside the instrument panel.

If it were me I would find a old road or unused highway where you can drive slow like 35 mph using the cruise control. Allow the battery to run down to 15% to 20% or when the engine auto-starts to recharge the battery back up.

The discharge in the EV mode should go 1 1/2 miles to 2 miles sometimes a little farther. The recharge time at 40 mph to the plus symbol on the MID should take about 2 miles.

If this works ok your traction battery should be in good shape. Doing this often recycles the traction battery and helps it be more efficient. I read years ago that toyota says you can drain and recharge the traction battery something like 10,000 times or was it 100,000 times. During the warm summer nights I can get 2 miles and sometimes 3 miles in the EV mode.

I think I mentioned this in a earlier post..

Last edited by rburt07; 07-24-2013 at 02:46 PM.