Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   2007 TCH Nav install w/Energy screens (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/2007-tch-nav-install-w-energy-screens-22539/)

Grogoo 09-01-2009 08:00 AM

2007 TCH Nav install w/Energy screens

Hello,

This week I am buying a 2007 TCH and I'm very excited. It's the A package in Canada but even then, there wasn't an option available for Nav but it's really one of the features I want in a new car. I'm currently driving a Volvo S80 and I know I won't be missing the leather or sunroof; they just aren't options that I need or utilize that much. The stereo on the other hand...

So the car currently had the JBL 6-disc HU, and it sounds okay. I'm going to keep the factory amp and speakers at least for a while but the HU is going to be replaced by a Nav unit. I've sourced a E7011 HU on ebay and it appears to be the unit I need exactly, especially because I very much want the energy/consumption screens. I've been able to get the very detailed dealership install guide for the unit itself, so I won't have any issues getting functionality of the HU itself, but I'm lacking details on the canh, canl and 3rd wire necessary for the energy screens. My understanding is that very much like the brake/reverse line taps I simply need to tap an additional 3 wires for the energy screens.

There are loose references all over the place about getting this to work and it isn't that much more difficult than the 6-disc to Nav swap itself. That being said, I can't for the life of me secure exact details on where the wires for the energy screens are located, which connectors they are located on, which connector/wire numbers in the harnesses and that type of thing.

Does anyone have further details of what will help me get these working properly?

rmorrow 09-02-2009 12:22 PM

Re: 2007 TCH Nav install w/Energy screens

PM me with your email, and I can forward you some info that someone sent to me a couple of years back - it's very detailed.

Grogoo 09-02-2009 07:57 PM

Thanks rmorrow, PM sent.

It seems weird to me that guides are available for the Nav install itself, but information on the hybrid connections seem impossible to find. Is there any reason for this, or is it just so rarely done that it hardly ever comes up?

stinger123 09-02-2009 09:33 PM

You will need the E7012 head unit not the E7011, search on here for the install that Dang did a while ago.

Grogoo 09-03-2009 06:23 AM

stinger123, I hope that isn't the case. Every indication I've seen is that the E7012 unit is for the gas Camry while the E7011 is for the Hybrid Camry. Have I truly been lead astray?

Sooty 09-03-2009 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Grogoo (Post 210277)
stinger123, I hope that isn't the case. Every indication I've seen is that the E7012 unit is for the gas Camry while the E7011 is for the Hybrid Camry. Have I truly been lead astray?

This is the thread Stinger123 is referring to.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...s-camry-15155/

Grogoo 09-03-2009 07:06 AM

That thread seems to confirm that the E7011 IS the correct unit for the Hybrid...

rmorrow 09-03-2009 07:55 AM

So just to provide first hand confirmation, I just went out to my car to look. I do not have the energy screens, and I have the E7012. You should have the info by now, by the way.