50th Anniversary Edition

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default 50th Anniversary Edition

Doesn't seem like a lot of people are interested in this version. I haven't come across a member who has one.

Has anyone actually seen it in person (other than flopshot)? I'd like to see some interior pictures. Is the $1,500 not worth the extra equipment?

Lastly, what's the best way to add extra trim to the TCH? The plastic silver trim is limited to the centre console and there's nothing on the door panels. Wood or aluminium trim would work.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 50th Anniversary Edition

Just imported a 50th Anniversary edition to Canada this week. Paid 30,500 US out the door, MSRP was 32,500. By the time I include the exchange rate plus travel expenses plus GST and PST and The RIV charge and a few other minor charges (Prov. Safety inspection) I figure I am out about the same as buying it in Canada after the "Green" rebates are applied however I do have NAV which is not available on stock Canadian hybrids (cost $3000 if you add after). Also have the 50th edition which has graphite wheels, and the blizzard pearl paint job is stunning. 50th is about $1500 US more than a loaded Camry hybrid. So to finalize.... got a vacation out of it and saved perhaps $4000.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by voodoo
Just imported a 50th Anniversary edition to Canada this week. Paid 30,500 US out the door, MSRP was 32,500. By the time I include the exchange rate plus travel expenses plus GST and PST and The RIV charge and a few other minor charges (Prov. Safety inspection) I figure I am out about the same as buying it in Canada after the "Green" rebates are applied however I do have NAV which is not available on stock Canadian hybrids (cost $3000 if you add after). Also have the 50th edition which has graphite wheels, and the blizzard pearl paint job is stunning. 50th is about $1500 US more than a loaded Camry hybrid. So to finalize.... got a vacation out of it and saved perhaps $4000.
sweet! could you take some photos for me please? The photos on the toyota.com site is very limited. (Most interested in the interior add-ons).

Also, how'd you get to bargain? The US dealers near me say Canadians pay MSRP which means for the $30,500 you paid, I can only get a loaded Hybrid (the one below the 50th Anniversary).

I'm on the west coast.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

I believe they are only making 3000 of the anniversary edition.. So I am not surprised we don't see them more often.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Have had my 50th anniversary edition for 2 weeks. Hit 1000 miles today. Blizard pearl color is beautiful. White with a pearlized "depth" that is hard to explain. The extra $ brings some nice extras, The graphite aluminum wheels are really a great addition. Mine also has the remote start. It's a head turner and an absolute joy to drive. The brushed aluminum dash is outstanding and there is brushed aluminum on all four doors. I am not much at posting pictures but I hope others will post some for you.

Old 07-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Ormond has one...
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...th+anniversary

Old 07-11-2007, 03:05 PM

ooooooooh very nice. Thanks for the link flopshot!

Old 07-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Enthusiast

I posted some pics of my spouses 50th Ann on the share section of the forum. I rode in it once and it reminds me of my Lexus GS300 I had ten years ago. (It makes me wonder what the Lexus is like these days.) Anyway, she loves it and I had a couple of more pics but it is limited to 4 downloads. I wasn't sure what you wanted to see.

Joe

Old 07-12-2007, 01:04 AM

I don't know where the share section is.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:25 AM
Enthusiast

Tideland,

Here you go:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/browseimages.php?c=40

Quick Reply: 50th Anniversary Edition

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands