Enthusiast
Default Re: Adding a subwoofer

I have a Rockford Fosgate P600.1bd.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...7&locale=en_US

Old 02-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Enthusiast

Ok, now I need to jump in.

How did you wire it into the stock system? I didn't think there were any outputs on the head unit.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dledeaux
Ok, now I need to jump in.

How did you wire it into the stock system? I didn't think there were any outputs on the head unit.
That was my next question....along with....where are you powering it from? The 12V battery?

Old 02-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Enthusiast

You splice in from the rear speakers. The only bad part about that is that you can't control the sub seperate from the rest of the speakers. It's not the ideal situation.

Answer to second question is, I'm powering from the 12V. It's the same as any car battery. My amp does hit pretty hard, so I'm thinking of adding a capacitor.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by reignofjerm
You splice in from the rear speakers. The only bad part about that is that you can't control the sub seperate from the rest of the speakers. It's not the ideal situation.

Answer to second question is, I'm powering from the 12V. It's the same as any car battery. My amp does hit pretty hard, so I'm thinking of adding a capacitor.
Interesting...thanks...I do have a spare Pioneer 800w amp, sub, and box....I can't decide if I should sell it all or use it!

Old 02-28-2008, 11:37 AM

I'm going to order the Blaupunkt THB-200A enclosed/powered subwoofer and will mount it directly behind the rear seat on the driver side, since there is a small gap in there that is useless for anything else.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
I'm going to order the Blaupunkt THB-200A enclosed/powered subwoofer and will mount it directly behind the rear seat on the driver side, since there is a small gap in there that is useless for anything else.
That would be the ideal situation, but I'm a bass junkie, and while these small boxes really fill out your factory system, they don't really hit as hard as I'm looking for. I'm thinking of just doing a smaller box. Im leaning towards the Infinity Kappa series.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Dont waste your money on a cap. They are waaaay over rated and the WRONG way to fix any cars electrical system! Put that money into a bigger alternator if anything...

Old 02-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Enthusiast

I'm using the Rockford Fosgate 600.1bd

Old 02-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm using the Rockford Fosgate 600.1bd
And I'm using 2 Kicker SX900.2's and 1 Kicker SX600.2. I have 00 Gauge wire run to my power dist. block.
I dont have a cap and my lights don't dim at all when the bass hits...

Quick Reply: Adding a subwoofer

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands