Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   All in all a good purchase decision (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/all-all-good-purchase-decision-13500/)

CSG 05-09-2007 06:11 PM

All in all a good purchase decision

We bought our TCH 9/1/06. We made the purchase partly because of the tax credit and partly because of the hoped for MPG. As republicans, we didn't care about saving the planet. ;)

Anyway, at our first service a month ago, we found out that Toyota had solved the chirping console with some new parts. Our sunroof was adjusted and that was about it.

When I drive it, I get about 36-7 MPG. My wife gets about 30. Technique matters with this car.

On the tax credit of "$2600", we ended up getting just over $2100 based on this year's returns. Enough to have justified the extra cost of the vehicle IMO.

Would I buy another? Ask me when gas hits $4-5 a gallon but yes, probably.

Oh, and we drove it rather than our RV to California (from Idaho) over spring vacation and found we could squeeze everything we needed for our family of four into that reduced size trunk. It was tight but it worked. BTW, our average MPG on that trip was just over 38 MPG and that included lots of interstate driving at 75 MPH.

Qslugs 05-10-2007 01:06 AM

Re: All in all a good purchase decision

Yeah, why bother saving the planet. I know theres a spare around here somewhere...

tnsig 05-10-2007 05:55 AM

[quote=CSG;124315] As republicans, we didn't care about saving the planet. ;)quote]

Very broad generalization there.

Congrats on the purchase....I think

Todd 05-10-2007 07:06 AM

Easy,now. I think it was just a joke.

schmidtj 05-10-2007 07:55 AM

Very broad generalization there.
Doesn't make it untrue.

tnsig 05-10-2007 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by schmidtj (Post 124395)
Doesn't make it untrue.

Doesn't make it true either

mg48 05-10-2007 12:28 PM

Planet savers just can't take a joke. The L in Liberal is for laughter. They don't do it, but they sure make me! I'm a republican too. I bought my Prius for the gas milage also, not to save the planet. With the $'s I save on gas I give to pro-life groups to save something that has an eternal spirit vs. saving the planet, which is doomed already. You see I have read the book on this planet and it won't be here forever. The B in book is for Bible. I read the book on my Prius as well and it won't last forever either. Nor is it really "green" transportation. "Green" transportation is walking or a man powered bicycle. When you give up your car and walk every where you go and I'll believe that you really believe in "saving" the planet.