Annoying Alert Message

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Annoying Alert Message

My Toyota dealer included a sheet on how to disable the maintenance warning in the paperwork I received buying my TCH. This info is also in the Owners Manual on page 148:
  1. Turn off the hybrid system with the trip meter A reading shown.
  2. Push and hold in the odometer reset ****, power on the hybrid system. The MFD will display OIL MILEAGE RESET MODE
  3. Continue holding in the odometer reset **** for at least 5 seconds until the MFD displays COMPLETE, and the message OIL MILEAGE RESET MODE goes off.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Enthusiast

I would think there is an easier way. The book says something about resetting through the maintenance screens on the nav. system, but the button they refer to is not there.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rjkbj
I would think there is an easier way. The book says something about resetting through the maintenance screens on the nav. system, but the button they refer to is not there.
You are kidding, right? How is the above procedure not easy? It takes all of 15 seconds. This is the exact same reset procedure that every Toyota tech is trained to do when performing regularly scheduled service. It is also included in your manual. If you go to Jiffy Lube, then you cannot expect those guys to know how to reset all the different cars that they get.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

My first warning light was: washer fluid low. Well, so what. Anyway, I bought a GALLON of the premixed stuff and poured the whole jug in. It'll be a while 'til I need more washer fluid.

I've never had a car that would take even two quarts. I do so like my TCH.

The warning light went away all by itself.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I guess my dealer really is "topping off fluid levels" during my oil changes.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Enthusiast

Do these warning messages only show up in the TCH with nav? Is there a way to find out what might need servicing before the warning message comes up (if you wanted to check since you were going to take the car in anyway)?

Old 06-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

My TCH does not have NAV.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't have Nav - my alert messages appear in the small display screen that normally shows temperature and tank average, etc. The alerts override my normally crucial information, such as current range in miles, average speed since start, outside temp., and stuff like that. I've never had a car that nagged me. It's a nice car, but I'm going to have to ask it to kinda lighten up.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Enthusiast

TTT - Searched and found this thread as I was very surprised when I got the Low Washer Fluid message. I have NAV and no report there regarding washer fluid. The display window stayed "Low Washer Fluid" and would not reset , except for about 3 seconds when I tried to toggle out of it with the DISP button on steering wheel. It would always redisplay the LWF message. Also the Red Triangle Warning Indicator stayed lit.

After adding about 1/5th of the Washer Fluid gallon , and starting up - the annoying message was gone. I went to "top it off" and ended adding the whole gallon of Rain-x Washer fluid (as mentioned 3 years ago above). So much for Dealer fluid checks (as I checked for leaks and found none). I will say the reservoir is kinda hidden and hard to see what the fluid level is. I kept looking down the spout in amazement as I kept adding more and more washer fluid.

So Beware of the High Priority Low Washer Fluid code that has no reset other than to add fluid and dominates the function display and shines the Red warning Indicator. At least the annoying message isn't shown until you get more than a gallon low...

Last edited by GvilleTCH; 08-19-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

In the few years I've had my '07 TCH I've come to appreciate the car's warning lights. I like to know ahead of time that my washer fluid's almost out, or that it's time to start procrastinating on my oil change. I've come to see it as a polite car, and it's sure easy to do the simple chores myself.

In 3+ years and 34,000 miles it's needed a water pump replaced and a leaky trunk seal fixed; caught them just before the warranty expired. Other than that it's been great, with 37.5 minimum mpg on long freeway trips and 32 -34 mpg around suburbia, with nice cruising manners and plenty of torque.

I intend to keep it for many years.

Quick Reply: Annoying Alert Message

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands