Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Another Hidden Menu (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/another-hidden-menu-11376/)

jagbagri 12-10-2006 11:28 AM

Another Hidden Menu

(All these hacks are not found by me, just found them on the web and all the pictures are also collected from web as well, so thanks to everybody out there who contributed to this)

There is an easier way to get into the Hidden Diagnostic mode;

1. press 'DISPLAY'
2. then touch Upper Left corner (where the red dots are) then Lower Left Corner, repeat 3 times or until it goes into diag mode.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/fi.../5/navdiag.jpg

This will take you to the Service Menu, Click on MENU button at the top right and this takes you to the hidden Diagnostic menut

You can press on the Navigation Check button and within Navigation Check screen, press on Vehicle Sensors button and this will give you the GPS (Navigation) speedometer and you can confirm that the car speedometer is faster by about 3 mph as you drive and check, both the speed sensor in gps screen showing mph and your speedometer.

Press on the navigation menu button to go back to the diag. menu and from there you can get to another hidden menu by pressing these imaginary 1 and two buttons shown in this picture below. I don't know if you can do much in the next hidden screen as I did not explore that much.

To exit out of the Diag. Menu, completely just press on the Display button on your Nav for about 5 seconds and you are back to I Agree screen.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/fi...endiagmenu.jpg

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/fi...ndiagmenu2.jpg

TCH2007 12-12-2006 05:41 AM

Re: Another Hidden Menu

I gave this a try yesterday - at least to the screen to monitor GPS speed. Seems to work just as described.

Thanks for posting!

stevenvillatoro 12-12-2006 08:24 PM

What software version are you using? (Wondering if these hidden screens are on v6.1.) Also, would some v6.1 users see if the 'override' feature might have been moved to these hidden screens???

Great post, can't wait to try it. Thanks!

TCH2007 12-13-2006 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro (Post 102579)
What software version are you using?

I'm able to access on 5.1.

hamm3r 12-13-2006 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by jagbagri (Post 102190)
There is an easier way to get into the Hidden Diagnostic mode;

For me, this is a totally new find! I never knew there was a "harder way" to get to this menu! Thanks for the post!

jbollt 12-13-2006 06:40 AM

Great Find! I have quickly confirmed that i can get to these screens, using the "Hybrid DVD" 5.1 loading file and 6.1 map data. Later today, when I have more time, I will attempt to adjust the Bluetooth settings, as my callers often comment I sound "far away", and that causes me to kinda shout when using the bluetooth. Hopefully these adjustments will fix this.

Anyone have any success with adjusting these settings? Which settings did you change, and to what numbers? Send, receive, quality? Thanks!!! I will also report after I have made my adjustments and the successes.

jagbagri 12-13-2006 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by jbollt (Post 102629)
Anyone have any success with adjusting these settings? Which settings did you change, and to what numbers? Send, receive, quality? Thanks!!! I will also report after I have made my adjustments and the successes.

On the bluetooth menu I found that as you increase the outgoing volume, it increases the level of distortion as well. The quieter the volume, the clearer it is, but hard to hear. I found that increasing to +1 (or may be +2) worked best. Once I got up to +3 or higher the other end was loud but highly distorted and hard to understand.

jagbagri 12-13-2006 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by hamm3r (Post 102626)
For me, this is a totally new find! I never knew there was a "harder way" to get to this menu! Thanks for the post!

The 'harder way' is to turn the ignition ON (NOT start just ignition on, foot off the barke and press ON twice) then hold the INFO button and turn the lights on and off 3 times (not auto but off and on). this will take you to the same diag. menu. But I'm affraid I'll burn the headlamps some day doing like this..:embarass: That's why I preffer te easier way described above.

hamm3r 12-13-2006 05:43 PM

Wow,

I definitely like the easier way better :) Thanks again!

lucky07 12-14-2006 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro (Post 102579)
What software version are you using? (Wondering if these hidden screens are on v6.1.) Also, would some v6.1 users see if the 'override' feature might have been moved to these hidden screens???

Great post, can't wait to try it. Thanks!

I have tested this on my TCH with v6.1 and i am able to get to these screens. some of the options are different but may be its because i checked it when the car was switched off, may be it will be different when the car is running i will check and update ASAP.

i have taken pictures from my cell, if any one want i can upload them.

:D

turk 12-15-2006 01:48 PM

This does indeed appear to function for v6.1 navs.

How does it differ from the v5.1 screens? It doesn't seem to have anything which would allow disabling the safety features (which is everyone likes about v5.1, right?)

jagbagri 12-15-2006 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by turk (Post 103036)
This does indeed appear to function for v6.1 navs.

How does it differ from the v5.1 screens? It doesn't seem to have anything which would allow disabling the safety features (which is everyone likes about v5.1, right?)

You are right, this is just a diagnostics menu, no override in this menu. Override menu is different and is not available in 6.1, oply in 5.1 or unless you have a custom made dvd (5.1+6.1=hybrid dvd)

thatchrisguy 12-16-2006 07:51 AM

I also have v6.1 and was able to access these menus described in the first entry. It sort of freaked me out to be able to get to these screens. I wanted to push so many of the button but was afraid to. :confused:
Not sure what to do with with all these new screens...looked like a lot of ways to mess up your navigation system....or at least reset a lot of things.

It was nice to be able to see a lot more information about the GPS signals.

hamm3r 12-21-2006 12:34 PM

I've tried a few times already to access this screen but can not (5.1).

I hit the Display button and alternate hitting the upper and lower left side of the inside frame of the display overlay and nada.

1-2, 1-2, 1-2, three times, four times, nothing...

Anyone else unable to access it? Am I missing somthing? Does it matter if you are moving when you try? I may have been moving.

thatchrisguy 12-21-2006 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by hamm3r (Post 103641)
I've tried a few times already to access this screen but can not (5.1).

I hit the Display button and alternate hitting the upper and lower left side of the inside frame of the display overlay and nada.

1-2, 1-2, 1-2, three times, four times, nothing...

Anyone else unable to access it? Am I missing somthing? Does it matter if you are moving when you try? I may have been moving.

I think the picture above is a tad bit misleading regarding the placement of the "1" and "2". I had to move my finger about half a finger's width toward the middle of the screen. In other words...don't try so hard to push right in the corner as depicted in the picture....cheat a bit inwards.
I hope that helps.

hamm3r 12-22-2006 06:04 AM

Yep! Helped a lot! Thank you!

hamm3r 12-22-2006 03:47 PM

Anyone figure out how to exit the service menu without shutting the car off? I can't seem to find an exit or back button.

Paulgw 12-22-2006 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by hamm3r (Post 103780)
Anyone figure out how to exit the service menu without shutting the car off? I can't seem to find an exit or back button.

See last paragraph of message 1

thatchrisguy 12-22-2006 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by hamm3r (Post 103780)

Just hold down the Display button until the unit resets itself and you're back at the screen where you accept the message that you'll die if you mess around with the NAV while driving....or something like that.

ag4ever 12-24-2006 12:32 PM

I tried this while running down the highway, and it worked fine. i was a little concerned when i could not get out of the diag screen, but i pressed the display button until it reset, and I was out.

the real interesting thing is that there is a GPS based speedometer built in the navigation diagnostics screen. It confirmed my speedo is overstating the speed by 3 MPH at 60 MPH.

hamm3r 12-26-2006 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Paulgw (Post 103782)
See last paragraph of message 1

:embarass:
Thanks.
:embarass:

Bigsk8r 12-26-2006 07:50 PM

jabagri,

Thanks for the heads up on the BT. I went to +1 and everyone says it sounds great.

Bigsk8r

stevil 07-16-2007 08:48 AM

Any way to access this BT setting without the nav system?

OmegaOmega 09-04-2007 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by jagbagri (Post 102660)
The 'harder way' is to turn the ignition ON (NOT start just ignition on, foot off the barke and press ON twice) then hold the INFO button and turn the lights on and off 3 times (not auto but off and on). this will take you to the same diag. menu. But I'm affraid I'll burn the headlamps some day doing like this..:embarass: That's why I preffer te easier way described above.

I feel like with this method, you should also be able to click your heels three times and magically arrive home.

nyc2socal 09-04-2007 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r (Post 104068)
jabagri,

Thanks for the heads up on the BT. I went to +1 and everyone says it sounds great.

Bigsk8r

Interesting.. I found the volume too low when my wife calls, so I adjusted it to +1 (for the outgoing).. That only added distortion and "noise" so we're back at the default.. Rather have a low volume, than a noisy (screeches, and other artifacts)..

ManchesterUnited 09-16-2007 09:51 PM

Also, if you push and HOLD for about 15+ seconds the "blank" selection on the middle column of the another page of diagnostics after the 1 and 2 corner presses from the first hidden menu screen, you get yet another menu with some sort of data logging control. This is in a 2008 TCH with v6.1 map software (actually 06.05.12).

Has anybody found a menu for checking the XM signal strength?

tma654 09-24-2007 03:02 PM

So how do I do this??

Does my car need to be in ACC, ON, or Running?

Can anyone give me a clearer explanation?

I have an 07 TCH, with 6.1

rmorrow 09-25-2007 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by tma654 (Post 144332)
So how do I do this??

Does my car need to be in ACC, ON, or Running?

Can anyone give me a clearer explanation?

I have an 07 TCH, with 6.1

Read the first posting in this thread. All of the detailed instructions are there.

KTLane 10-15-2007 11:43 AM

do you know if it works with the 7.1 disc?

I'll have to try it when I get home and see :)

mikieboyblue 10-15-2007 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by KTLane (Post 146701)
do you know if it works with the 7.1 disc?

I'll have to try it when I get home and see :)

I wish I had the 7.1 disc...maybe it has fixed some problems with the crappy map directions. Oh well....I'll wait a while longer.

KTLane 10-15-2007 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue (Post 146716)
I wish I had the 7.1 disc...maybe it has fixed some problems with the crappy map directions. Oh well....I'll wait a while longer.

it's not that great, you still can't use it while driving, and as far as I knwo you can't hack it to make it work. i also noticed some things that closed like 10 years ago are still on there, yet things that have been around longer than that (i.e. mcdonalds and subway, not even small local stores!) are missing. odd.

mikieboyblue 10-15-2007 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by KTLane (Post 146721)
it's not that great, you still can't use it while driving, and as far as I knwo you can't hack it to make it work. i also noticed some things that closed like 10 years ago are still on there, yet things that have been around longer than that (i.e. mcdonalds and subway, not even small local stores!) are missing. odd.

Interesting. I bet you can make a hacked disc keeping the use of the 7.1 data file.

KTLane 10-16-2007 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue (Post 146755)
Interesting. I bet you can make a hacked disc keeping the use of the 7.1 data file.

if my dogs hadn't eaten through my laptop adapter I could try :P