Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Another Oil Thread - DCH Wappingers Falls Toyota (Poughkeepsie, NY) (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/another-oil-thread-dch-wappingers-falls-toyota-poughkeepsie-ny-14833/)

mikieboyblue 08-09-2007 05:50 AM

Another Oil Thread - DCH Wappingers Falls Toyota (Poughkeepsie, NY)

I just called my dealer for the price on the 5,000 mile service. $50.

This $50 includes:
- tire rotation
- oil change with 5-30 (Exxon)
- 25 point inspection
- top off fluids

If I bring my own oil the price is about $35.

If I just get the tire rotation done the price is about $22.

If I go to the local tire shop for the rotation the price is about $12.

So, I think I may take it to the dealer for the rotation (only because I was the car up on a lift so I can show them a few things on the underside -- some of the foam coating is coming off). I will do the oil change myself since I have the ramps and I want to install one of the oil drain valves.

Just passing on the pricing.

talmy 08-09-2007 06:58 AM

Re: Another Oil Thread - DCH Wappingers Falls Toyota (Poughkeepsie, NY)

Interesting in that 5W30 oil is not factory recommended! I would expect the dealer would have the right stuff.

mikieboyblue 08-09-2007 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by talmy (Post 138163)
Interesting in that 5W30 oil is not factory recommended! I would expect the dealer would have the right stuff.

Yup. I asked the parts department and they said they certainly don't stock 0-20. At that point I don't care if they stock 5-20 as I want 0-20.

rburt07 08-10-2007 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue (Post 138196)
Yup. I asked the parts department and they said they certainly don't stock 0-20. At that point I don't care if they stock 5-20 as I want 0-20.

Call and talk with your dealer parts manager. Ask if he might stock the 0 - 20w oil. Im sure they have lots of hybrids they change oil in. Remind him of the cold NY winters. In you city you should have plenty of other Toyota dealers call and see if they stock the zero synthetic.