Anxiously Waiting

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 05:20 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anxiously Waiting

Originally Posted by rmorrow
I ordered the B package, with NAV, Security System, and of course Block Heater (temps do go down as low as -30C (-22F)). I was told that the options won't impact the delivery time as they only take a day or two to install, and if something is back-ordered (ie. NAV), I can get the car anyway and bring it in again when the option is there.
I would have had to wait longer if I was fussy about color, but when I heard there was a Titanium available in three weeks, I decided I liked Titanium. <I was originally hoping for Jasper Pearl>.

Not sure how much longer I can hold out - it's been almost 24 hours already.

Randy
Congrats as well.
please be aware that the consumption screen will not be available from a dealer installed nav in Canada.

Old 05-18-2007, 05:51 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Does it ever warm up there in your neck of the woods? Hybrids get much better FE in warmer weather. Also good move going with Titanium. JP is the brunt of many jokes at my dealership.
We have our warm spells too - it's really a question of extremes. Summertime gets us 2-3 months where we can have 30C (86F) or more highs. From May to September we can expect around 20C (68F) highs at least.

I like the JP myself, but everyone I talk to says the Titanium is nicer. I'll just be happy when I get to drive it.

Old 05-18-2007, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by stinger123
Congrats as well.
please be aware that the consumption screen will not be available from a dealer installed nav in Canada.
Oh really? That's disappointing - not the end of the world - but disappointing anyway. I wonder why that is.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:25 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
JP is the brunt of many jokes at my dealership.

That's disappointing....I think JP was the one original color they had. I'm bored with silver, silver, silver, or black - the colors everyone sells, everyone has. Here in the SF Bay Area at any rate almost every car is silver or black, sitting on all the lots (of every make) is one silver or black car after another -- It's almost impossible to find something not silver or black, with the occasional red one thrown in. I wanted something that not everyone else was driving....And the JP only comes on the Hybrid which really sets it apart, IMHO.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:08 AM

I just spoke with my dealer. The car is at the Toronto warehouse and should be here in the next few days. I could have it with any luck by the weekend.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

sweeet!! (yeah I'm now here over from TN lol).

Old 06-12-2007, 03:58 AM
Default Re: Anxiously Waiting - Almost There!

Well, the wait is almost over. I'm due to pick up my new Titanium TCH at 2:00PM today! ****, but that clock moves slowly.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:45 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Anxiously Waiting

Congratulations Randy...enjoy your new TCH. BTW you are allowed to sleep in it for the first night . Titanium is a very good choice. Cold weather does affect your fuel efficiency. In Ottawa you can expect between 30 to 32 MPG (or approx. 7.5L/100 KM.s) year round average which is still 10 MPG better than a non-hybrid Camry.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Roger7
Congratulations Randy...enjoy your new TCH. BTW you are allowed to sleep in it for the first night .
For real? Just wait 'til I tell my wife! Hmmm....maybe not...

Old 06-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

haha. Congrats!! It's almost time! 42 more mins!

Quick Reply: Anxiously Waiting

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands