Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Anyone seen the console squeak TSB? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/anyone-seen-console-squeak-tsb-13638/)

SanDiegoBlue 05-20-2007 10:13 AM

Anyone seen the console squeak TSB?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has actually seen a copy of the NV005-07 SHIFTER TRIM SQUEAK NOISE TSB that Tundra Solutions has listed for the Camry, but I am not a paying subscriber. Using the fixes posted here has mostly eliminated my console squeak, but I was wondering what the "official" fix from Toyota involves.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...inks/links/335

agnosto 05-20-2007 03:18 PM

Re: Anyone seen the console squeak TSB?

I have not seen a picture of it, but I surely going to have it installed on my 2007 TCH as I was waiting for it for 8 months now and will possibly also have the steering shaft replaced (TSB ST002-07 STEERING INTERMEDIATE SHAFT NOISE (part# 45220-33231))...

schmidtj 05-20-2007 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBlue (Post 125638)
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has actually seen a copy of the NV005-07 SHIFTER TRIM SQUEAK NOISE TSB that Tundra Solutions has listed for the Camry, but I am not a paying subscriber. Using the fixes posted here has mostly eliminated my console squeak, but I was wondering what the "official" fix from Toyota involves.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...inks/links/335

Yes I've seen it. I subscribe to the Tundrasolutions Knowledgebase where it's posted. Basically the TSB is a total replacement for the center shifter garnish which has felt pads applied to about a dozen strategic locations. My agreement with Tundrasolutions prohibits me from posting the TSB freely. Sorry. A one month subscription is only a few bucks and you could download the whole TCH knowldegebase in a hour or less.

mikieboyblue 05-20-2007 07:12 PM

The one bummer about the TS is that you can't see the effected model numbers... :-P Of course if you could you wouldn't need to pay.

agnosto 05-22-2007 05:42 PM

What a joke the TSB NV005-07 SHIFTER TRIM SQUEAK NOISE... it was supposed to fix the noise and it made it worse... anyhow, it took three same day attempts (lots of toyota stripes of sticky pad) to the dealer and now I do not hear anything, but not convinced it is fixed forever, time will tell... regardless that minor annoying issue, I am very happy with the overall performance of my 2007 TCH after 8 months and almost 5k miles.

schmidtj 05-23-2007 04:36 AM

They actually replaced the shifter trim with new unit (new part number)?
Or did they just apply the felt patches?

agnosto 05-23-2007 06:18 AM

I compared both shifter trim parts and the only change was some minimal felt patch added which it did not take care of the issue... the toyota technician had to remove most of it and place new one in many different places... but the solution was when felt pad was placed between the thin plastic stake of the "PRNDB" and the main shifter trim.

hamm3r 05-23-2007 08:16 AM

I'm getting my car back today. They are doing this TSB.

Funny, I didn't know it was a TSB until just now. The car was supposed to be ready yesterday (for the NAV 5.1 bug TSB and the center console squeak).

When I called them yesterday, they said they "well, I know we are working on two different TSBs", so that was my first indication that they were doing an official fix, but I thought it was just an error in speaking on his part. Good to know that they are doing something official from Toyota and not just their own hack.

Like I said, I get the car back tonight. I'll see if I can find out what they did and post back.

HVMercado 05-23-2007 10:35 AM

I just picked up my car from the dealer after 10k service. I took my car to South Bay Toyota, I mentioned the TSB number they acknowledged the TSB, instead of replacing counsel they added felts under all the trim pieces.

The service writer told me that they had a TCH come in about a week ago with the similar issue.

So far the repair with working, I forgot how wonderfully quiet and smooth the ride is.

hamm3r 05-23-2007 08:05 PM

Picked her up today. Looked at the service invoice that the mechanic used and it said "I replaced the console bezel as per the TSB"