Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Bridgestone vs. Michelin (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/bridgestone-vs-michelin-8309/)

TKCamry 07-05-2006 07:33 PM

Re: Bridgestone vs. Michelin

Originally Posted by Droid13
Seems to be so here, maybe random between Michelins and Bridgesstones in the US. Here's a question for American TCH owners with Michelins. Where are your tires made? I notice the Michelins we are getting are "Made in Canada", but I wonder if the source of Michelins on American model TCHs is different??

The Michelin tires on my TCH delivered in NJ were Made in Canada.

john312 07-07-2006 09:50 PM

My TCH (HM/SR package, blue) has Bridgestones and the TCH sitting next to mine at the dealer when I picked it up (same HM/SR package but in white) had the Michelins.
I would say it's random based on the fact that two TCHs with the same option package delivered to the same dealer (Chicago suburbs) have different tires.

Bumzyman 07-07-2006 10:05 PM

Picked up my TCH from New York State just over the NY/NJ border and it has the Michelins. An 07 Camry XLE that I saw at the same dealer had the Bridgestones. The TCH that I test drove last month in Freehold NJ had the Michelins on it.

stevenvillatoro 07-07-2006 10:48 PM

I wonder if one of the more ambitious TCH owners might construct a comparison table of our average gas mileages (using our online "COMPARE" online database) according to tire brand, similar to the "age" post.

In other words, what are gas mileage averages for Bridgestone vs. Michelin users?

As long as I'm wishing, it'd be nice to see a similar comparison of high vs. low PSI tire pressures.

By the way, I have Bridgestones, and my tire pressures are 46/44 PSI. Average mileage currently 37.5 MPG.

TCH2007 07-08-2006 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by stevenvillatoro
I wonder if one of the more ambitious TCH owners might construct a comparison table of our average gas mileages (using our online "COMPARE" online database) according to tire brand, similar to the "age" post.

In other words, what are gas mileage averages for Bridgestone vs. Michelin users?

As long as I'm wishing, it'd be nice to see a similar comparison of high vs. low PSI tire pressures.

By the way, I have Bridgestones, and my tire pressures are 46/44 PSI. Average mileage currently 37.5 MPG.

I think driving habits/conditions and tire pressure will have a far greater impact on mileage than tire brands. For example, I'm running the same tire as you and LESS pressure (40PSI F/R) and am averaging 40.5 MPG.

YMMV :shade:

spiff72 07-11-2006 07:18 PM

I picked up my TCH today, and it came with the Michelins (West Michigan here).

ibdave 07-11-2006 09:42 PM

We just drove home our TCH, It to came with Michelins MXV4. Central California

Lilarienne 08-02-2006 04:25 AM

I checked my TCH last night and it has Michelins. I'm in CT and we do get lots of lovely snow and ice storms...

kluken 08-02-2006 05:06 AM

I don't think there is any hidden formula. I have test driven TCH's in ATL with Michelin and moine came with Bridgestone. It is common today for car manufactureres, exepcially with high volume cars to multi-source their tires. Personally I prefer Michelin, but I'm not loosing any sleep over having Bridgestones. for those of you pumping up your tires over factory spec, are you resetting your TPMS? This will help you know if the tires fall below a certain point that you haev set, not below a certain point below 32psi.

agnosto 10-01-2006 08:20 AM

My loaded 2007 TCH came with Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 that were made in CANADA and I keep all 4 tires at 34-35psi cold.