Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   center armrest "hot" inside... (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/center-armrest-hot-inside-26505/)

acco20 01-24-2011 01:05 PM

center armrest "hot" inside...

I have searched, and can not find the discussion on this topic. Today, very cold...below zero,,,,After a long drive I went into the center console storage area, and it was quite warm inside. I think I had seen posts on this subject and can not find them. Anyone have an idea what may be causing this? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

David Price 01-24-2011 03:19 PM

Re: center armrest "hot" inside...

I think that the duct for the rear seat's heating and cooling pass under the center console.

SanAntonio Joe 01-25-2011 06:56 AM

DON'T tell Toyota! They will charge extra for a "heated center armrest."

acco20 01-25-2011 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by David Price (Post 232464)
I think that the duct for the rear seat's heating and cooling pass under the center console.

Yes....thank you. I checked the rear heat duct last night and it was almost compleatly closed. I probably did that some time ago as the back seat is almost never ocupied. Yesterday the heat was working hard to keep up with the sub zero temps and that made things even more severe.And.......I will not be the one to tell Toyota...

crkohl 01-25-2011 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by SanAntonio Joe (Post 232474)
DON'T tell Toyota! They will charge extra for a "heated center armrest."

I don't care who you are but that there's funny! :)

SteveHansen 01-26-2011 12:14 AM

In the summer, with the AC running, that same space is a cooler.