coastal lockpick2 out for camry dvd input screen unlocked

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 05:49 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: coastal lockpick2 out for camry dvd input screen unlocked

ga20646, what year Camry do you have? Good review. Sounds like a little bit of false advertising on Lockpicks part. Still, I think it will be handy to have the ability to unlock bluetooth dialing at times and address inputs. I don't intend on using an external dvd player but maybe I'll run an aux wire with 3 RCA inputs just in case I was to hook up a portable dvd player. So, the dvd player unlocking is strictly for those with headrest dvd players, or so it sounds.

The real question is...is this all worth $200?

Old 05-14-2009, 05:51 AM
Enthusiast

Maybe i should have asked, what version of Navigation software do you have, not what year your Camry is, or does this even matter?

Old 05-14-2009, 06:01 AM
Enthusiast

ga20646, thanks for the write-up. Like jpellech, I am wondering how valuable this product is now that I know it does not permanently unlock these features. I think I will wait to decide about purchasing this product until a few more people comment on this thread with their experiences.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

I installed a similar product to the locpick2 for about $175. I use the 8.1 map version with the 5.1 kwi file to unlock all functions. it only requires the pressing of 8 buttons(map,dest,volume,volume corners(4times),overide) each time i start the car. not a big deal to unlock all of the functions; i.e.s phone, dest, etc...

Last edited by nyceshirtz; 05-14-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:14 AM
Enthusiast

8 buttons, the only button I want to hit is the power button, but I guess there's no perfect solution.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jpellech
ga20646, what year Camry do you have? Good review. Sounds like a little bit of false advertising on Lockpicks part. Still, I think it will be handy to have the ability to unlock bluetooth dialing at times and address inputs. I don't intend on using an external dvd player but maybe I'll run an aux wire with 3 RCA inputs just in case I was to hook up a portable dvd player. So, the dvd player unlocking is strictly for those with headrest dvd players, or so it sounds.

The real question is...is this all worth $200?

I have a 2007 Camry Hybrid and I use the 8.1 map version with the 5.1 kwi file.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

No false advertising. It unlocks the nav. Turning off and on the power button unblocks all functions. I'm very happy with it. If you don't want the I agree screen, don't use the 5.1 kwi mod. I'm not sure what else there is to add.You can connect an ipod for video as well. The 10 minutes it takes to get out of my work parkade, i watch part of a tv show or movie. Great fun.

Last edited by bkushner; 05-14-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:10 AM
Enthusiast

bkushner, how does the ipod video work with the lockpick? Can you just connect your ipod to the aux jack? Or, is there extra wiring necessary for video?

Old 05-15-2009, 06:18 AM
Enthusiast

I found a bug with this thing. It looks like if you travel more than 10 miles or so in unlocked mode (which you can do if you're watching video), the map will never be able to recover your position. The only way I could get the map to figure out my position again was to do a recalibrate, which was a pain. It would be even more difficult trying to do it in an unfamiliar area.

I think I'm going to return the lockpick2 and get my money back. For me personally, it's much easier to use the 8 button unlock with the 5.1 KWI mod and I can live without having video capabilities. I would probably end up rear-ending someone eventually anyway.

Last edited by ga20646; 05-15-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:21 AM
Enthusiast

ga20646, thanks for all the information you are providing on this product. I just got my TCH this week and after reading your review I think I will probably go with the 5.1kwi and 8 button unlock option as well.

Quick Reply: coastal lockpick2 out for camry dvd input screen unlocked

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands