Customization Options for TCH

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Customization Options for TCH

Originally Posted by HybridFan
I also just finished trying it several times, with and w/o variations... My thumb is nicely indented from all those "1 minute presses" by now, but still no dice.
I even tried it with diff't settings on the multi-info display, incl. the "blank screen" that only has the ODO reading in small print below (thinking it might pop up the "B-on/B-off" msg in the "blank area" once & for all).

jessenj -- can you give us a link to the original forum where you found this? Maybe some of us are just not 'getting it'... Was yours on a particular muli-info display screen? Did you have to wait until the car "re-cycled" itself when you didn't succeed the first time (as in: stepping out of the car and waiting 30 secs until ALL the lights were off again)?

Knowing Jesse got his/hers to work keeps me wanting to attempt it until it magically works, but after trying the past 20+ mins I'm just frustrated by now... so close & yet so far from finally getting rid of this pesky annoyance!
I tried everything you did for about 20 minutes. I had to switch fingers.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by jessenj
Dude that is for a Toyota Matrix, not a Camry. It is a Matrix board. If you got yours to work are you sure you did, and or you sure you own a Camry Hybrid?

Old 12-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Recent Hybrid convert

Originally Posted by FL07THC
Dude that is for a Toyota Matrix, not a Camry. It is a Matrix board. If you got yours to work are you sure you did, and or you sure you own a Camry Hybrid?
Well, his/her handle does say he/she owns a "Toyota Camry Hybrid"!

Seriously, though... while we're waiting for Jesse to provide more clues [or step-by-step isntructions], here's something else to try (in desperation?). Based off of the same Matrix board, I read the following from a certain "Bazirker":
I got mine to turn off by adapting instructions on how to get the Prius to stop beeping in reverse. Here's how I did it:
Get in the car and turn the key to on (don't start the car,) then change the odometer to display "odo" and not trip A or B. Turn the key off. Turn the key back to on. Within six seconds of doing this, press and hold the odometer button. Do so for 10 seconds. Then, while still holding the button, buckle up, edit: then unbuckle. The "odo" display should then change to say "b-on." Push the odo button to get it to read "b-off." Then wait for the display to change back to the odometer. That's it, you're done. The car will still beep right when you turn it on if you don't have a seatbelt, but it won't beep if you or your passenger unbuckles for a moment. Salvation! If you're having trouble getting this to work, I did this on my 2005 Matrix XR 5-speed manual with the door closed and no one in the passanger seat.
[...]
Yeah I think you have to buckle then unbuckle the seatbelt, which I originally didn't type. I editted it so that's in there now. My bad
Do you feel like ruining yet another couple of fingers and trying it again, this time WITH unbuckling as well? I know I didn't try THAT combination as yet...

===> EDITED on Dec-07-2006: FL07THC tried it as well, same result... Don't bother trying yourself

Last edited by HybridFan; 12-07-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:41 PM

Nope, Tried it 3 times, no luck

Old 12-07-2006, 07:51 PM
"Excellent!" Addict

Aaugh - so close and yet so far. (on silencing the seat belt beeping) - please find the way!

Old 12-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Toyota & Mazda Enthusiast

How can we get rid of the dumb dumb Auto-dimming instrument panel lighting? I wish there was a manual override for it. You have to bring it to the dealer for "programming." Now this is a very annoying feature. Ever drive at twilight? Make it stop, please!

Old 12-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FL07THC
Nope, Tried it 3 times, no luck
I really don't think this procedure works for 07 Camry. I tried it on my 05 Corolla and worked the first time as described, no problem. I think Jesse only thinks he has a camry....

Old 12-08-2006, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by jagbagri
I really don't think this procedure works for 07 Camry. I tried it on my 05 Corolla and worked the first time as described, no problem. I think Jesse only thinks he has a camry....
Yea I don't get it.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Enthusiast

Hey guys (and yes, I'm a guy)! Sorry for the delay in response. Lots of activities with the holidays and such.

As for the seat belt buzzer, I tried three or four times and it did indeed work for me. Maybe it only works for certain revisions of the car or something. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work for you as it has for me. I bought my TCH in August so I don't know if that gives any more info, but my TCH is fully loaded with NAV and remote start.

Interesting link regarding the UN-buckling of the belt, but I can try to see if that works in mine as well.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Recent Hybrid convert

Jesse -- well, I guess it's 'congratulations' to you and 'too bad / so sad' for us... Mine was built in July, so one would think they would be the same. Perhaps it's the remote start option that made it diff't, perhaps some were built one way or the other, who knows. At any rate, thanks and I'll just have to wait until I bring mine in for its 5K maint (which won't be long by now!).

BTW, I did post the same question on another forum (ToyotaNation), let's see if they come up with some other opinions. In the meantime, I did find the following on Tundra Solutions:
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...at-belt-buzzer
[...] I don't have the schematic diagram for (I assume, since it's not listed for you) a 2007 Camry, rather [...] the Tacoma.

What I have learned about the most recent Toyotas (my wife has a 2007 Yaris) is that the seat belt warning system is more integrated with the software of the car than on earlier models, making it (apparently) necessary to hook up the Toyota diagnostic computer at the dealership to reprogram the seat belt buzzer NOT to work. There is actually a note in the Yaris owner's manual indicating that this can be done, and the Yaris factory service manual has a procedure for doing this, but of course it requires the Toyota dealership tool.

[...] On DAY 1 of ownership, I disable the seat belt warning lights/buzzers (and also the key buzzer) on EVERY SINGLE car I have (couldn't do this on the Yaris, but then, it isn't my car). Usually all it takes for the seat belt is to disconnect (and possibly short contacts, depending on the car) the electrical connector located under the seat. However, examination of the wiring diagram of the Yaris indicates (to me, but I may be wrong) that there is now some interaction between the airbag system and the seatbelt warning system. [...]
Hmmmm... Interesting theory (about the "more integrated with car's software" piece, not the "oh let me go ahead and short the contacts" tidbit).

Last edited by HybridFan; 12-12-2006 at 10:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Customization Options for TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands