Do you Valet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Do you Valet?

Originally Posted by swhoutx035
Interesting, one would have thought that the ICE would have kicked in a couple of times during that length of time to clue them in the system was still on.
I guess it must have, but they were probably away from the car after having removed the tire...

Old 06-18-2008, 05:17 AM
Pragmatist

Originally Posted by Ladylou412
Do you Valet?
Are you kidding? Of course not. I haven't let one of those vandals touch any of my cars for at least a decade. Every single time I have ever used a valet, the car has been returned with new damage. I can't believe the kids they hire for valet drivers now are any more careful than the kids were a decade ago.

As far as I'm concerned, a sign that says "Valet Only" really means "We Don't Want Your Money."

Old 06-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteveHansen
Are you kidding? Of course not. I haven't let one of those vandals touch any of my cars for at least a decade. Every single time I have ever used a valet, the car has been returned with new damage. I can't believe the kids they hire for valet drivers now are any more careful than the kids were a decade ago.

As far as I'm concerned, a sign that says "Valet Only" really means "We Don't Want Your Money."
About 7 years ago they parked my new Lexus and came back gas tank on empty and 300+ miles on it. No more, don't care who they are.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Anyone who considers letting a Valet park an expensive car has never seen the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". It's required viewing.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Never valet, I apprecaite the hard work it takes to pay for my car and I don't want anyone else trashing it.

I'm with Georgie, "valet" means they don't want my money.