Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Dorman EZ Drain Valve? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/dorman-ez-drain-valve-26608/)

UWAdventurer 02-12-2011 01:14 PM

Dorman EZ Drain Valve?

Anyone install one of these oil drain plugs? Looking for comments on them

Thanks all.

Jamchel 02-12-2011 03:17 PM

Re: Dorman EZ Drain Valve?

Ahh, still in business good to know =) I would buy it, It's made by one of my oldest friends on this planet. Gotta love those Dorman parts, the company was built by a very good man.

UWAdventurer 02-12-2011 04:40 PM

I just bought one for my TCH, thinking about getting one for my Dakota. Going to see how it works out first. Still a little worried about accidental opening, but with the push up and twist to open I doubt this will happen. I am wondering about installing some type of spring clip around it to assure that it cant be accidentally be pushed up. Looks like a decent product. I was looking at the Fumoto valve also, it is now renamed, but the same product. This was half the price and locally available.

dg370 02-14-2011 05:14 AM

I've been using the Fumoto oil drain valves for a couple of years on the TCH, Accord and Odyessy with no problems. I will not go back to a drain plug. No more hot oil on the hands!

onthemove 02-14-2011 04:15 PM

I would go with the Fumoto myself, looks stronger and safer to me from accidentally draining the oil. I don't like the o-ring on the Dorman valve, seen too many o-rings fail to trust it to keep the oil in the pan.

dg370 02-15-2011 05:49 AM

If this is what you are talking about there is no comparison to the Fumoto valve.

http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-32057-092-001.aspx

Jamchel 02-16-2011 08:46 AM

You have to remember the Dorman valve was invented over 45 years ago, Seems Fumo has made a better mousetrap finally, but I hear it's more expensive. All good, that valve ended up on over 2.2 million cars since it was invented. Time to move over and let Fumoto steal the limelight LOL.

UWAdventurer 02-17-2011 04:22 PM

Yes, that is the Dorman valve. I decided to give the Dorman valve a try. If the company has been manufacturing them for a number of years, they can't be all bad. I agree the Fumoto valve does look more substantial. I will watch them closely and advise if I run into any problems.

I wish the Fumoto valve was available locally, I would probably purchase it. I have not found a decent price on them on the internet.

Thanks for the input everyone.

UWAdventurer 02-25-2012 02:33 PM

Update:

Dorman valve seems to be working well. I purchased one and installed it on my other vehicle also. No problems with either valve so far.

ukrkoz 02-26-2012 04:30 PM

OK, I had 2 of those - fool I am - on 2 of my cars. Maybe not Dorman, but same design.

GOOD LUCK.

takes 4 times longer to drain bulk of oil, and then it just keeps dripping forever. I took them out after 2 oil changes. Waste of time.