Electric Mode Range

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 02:27 PM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Electric Mode Range

Philt — I also have the non-NAV. I've never seen zero bars, but I have been down to 1 bar (i.e., 2 rows of illuminated pixels in the MFD display). And, I have to date (only once) seen a "full" 8 bars (16 rows of illuminated pixels). As the state of charge drops lower, it becomes more and more difficult to persuade the TCH to stay in pure EV-mode, and you may have to reduce your speed to achieve this. As you saw from your slow uphill climb, the motor is powerful enough, and as long as you don't demand too rapid rate of climbing or too rapid acceleration, you can stay in EV-mode quite a long time. See if you can better your 4.1 km distance! [Of course, I personally believe that this is actually counter-productive to best overall FE! See the thread "An Unpalatable Fact (with apologies to Al Gore!)" for evidence.]

Stan

Old 06-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Old Boomer Techie
Post Re: Electric Mode Range

It sure would be nice to have an indicatior in the speedo that let you know how close to the ICE start you were when cruising at just below its computed start value. I sometime kick on the ICE by accident when close to the edge and a bump comes along.

Last edited by FastMover; 06-19-2007 at 02:32 PM.