Firestone refuses to service hybrids

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Firestone refuses to service hybrids

Not replacing tires on hybrids is a lame thing to do. Not only are they losing business from all the hybrids, they now have people badmouthing them on the internet. Not a good move on their part. I know I am not going to go to Firestone and check to see if my local store services hybrids or not. Instead, I will just go to Discount tire Co.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Although not limited to the hybrid I wonder if one of their tire jockeys damaged a tire pressure monitor sensor when removing/replacing a tire. I gotta believe many different cars have those. Just a WAG.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Although not limited to the hybrid I wonder if one of their tire jockeys damaged a tire pressure monitor sensor when removing/replacing a tire. I gotta believe many different cars have those. Just a WAG.
I thought about that, too. TPMS is required this year or next, so if that's the problem they'd better figure it out soon.

Ryan

Old 11-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Enthusiast

Firestone never had a problem with my wife's 2000 Buick which also has tire pressure sensors.

My job requires me to go drive allot regardless of weather (about 600 miles a week and I rarely leave my county). For this reason I need a top of the line snow tire. I am willing to let FE suffer in the winter months as long as I can safely get around when it snows. It has been my experience that Blizzaks are the best. Since Firestone wants to loose me as a customer after years of buying tires from them, I need a new snow tire. Is there anything out there better than Blizzacks?

Old 11-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ESFstevo
Firestone never had a problem with my wife's 2000 Buick which also has tire pressure sensors.

My job requires me to go drive allot regardless of weather (about 600 miles a week and I rarely leave my county). For this reason I need a top of the line snow tire. I am willing to let FE suffer in the winter months as long as I can safely get around when it snows. It has been my experience that Blizzaks are the best. Since Firestone wants to loose me as a customer after years of buying tires from them, I need a new snow tire. Is there anything out there better than Blizzacks?
http://www.tirefactory.net/Hakkapeliitta%20Q.htm Hakkapelitta's are the best out there for winter.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Other tire stores sell the Blizzaks besides Firestone. Check around some.

I got mine online through Tire Rack but I live where they have a warehouse so works well for me and no shipping.

John

Old 11-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Enthusiast

I have friends whose opinions I trust who swear that Nokians are God's Own Snow Tire.

It's a Finnish company, and they know a thing or two about snow...

Ryan

Old 11-12-2007, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by ESFstevo

You can also get them from http://www.tirerack.com/ and have anyone put them. I have ordered from there in the past and all went well.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:49 AM

I still don't see the problem. We have a society that is sue happy and we have a company not willing to take a chance on getting sued. Sounds fair.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Old Boomer Techie
Post Re: Firestone refuses to service hybrids

Here is some more on my earlier post about the new Michlein Primacy Alpin. (See my earlier post.)

As my wife has a Forester that we use for skiing, I suscribe to a European Subaru forum as well as this one. (Sorry, its in German, but you can translate it if you wish.) This forum is almost all about mountain driving in the Alps and northern Europe. They just completed this survey where these tires came out on top. They beat out the Blizzak by quite a lot, and are the top selling studless snow tire in Europe right now.

Forum = http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1473810

Results Link = http://www.oeamtc.at/refresh/framese...uebersicht.htm

Quick Reply: Firestone refuses to service hybrids

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands