Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Fog Lights

I've got the XLE stalk ordered and just installed the DLAA fog lights for the 07 Camry from ebay. The kit has a switch that goes where the eco switch is but I plan to splice it into the XLE switch.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

Installed meaning you ran wires already??

I have the ebay kit too, but not have wires run to them yet. How much and where are you getting the XLE stalk from?

Old 01-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kris
Installed meaning you ran wires already??

I have the ebay kit too, but not have wires run to them yet. How much and where are you getting the XLE stalk from?
I installed the lights and ran the outside harness up from the bumper to the engine compartment. I'm going to run the rest after I get the stalk. It's backordered from Toyota but I should get it next week. The XLE stalk cost me over $50 but I didn't want an aftermarket switch in the dash.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Can you explain a little more?

You ran the outside harness, which I also have, from the bumper to the engine compartment? So you just pluged it in, but there's no power to it I assume? Have you figured out how you are going to power them? There needs to be a relay and fuse for them to work with the factory wiring.

Sorry, just want to know what you may already know.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Enthusiast

Can you explain a little more?

You ran the outside harness, which I also have, from the bumper to the engine compartment? So you just pluged it in, but there's no power to it I assume? Have you figured out how you are going to power them? There needs to be a relay and fuse for them to work with the factory wiring.

Sorry, just want to know what you may already know.
I'll splice the rest of the harness into the XLE stalk fog switch if I'm not able to locate any functional OEM wiring. The harness that came with the lights has the connetions and relay to operate the lights so if I find no OEM wire is available that's what I'll use.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:08 PM
rjm
Enthusiast

So is it confirmed that the hybrid does not have any factory wiring for the fog lights? The switch that came with the ebay kit has a switch that goes where the eco switch is? I did not get my hybrid yet but does it not have the eco switch in it? So where would the ebay kit switch go unless there is a blank there not being used. Please let me know since I want to do this to my hybrid when it comes in.

Thanks,
Bob

Old 01-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Dazed and Confused

I assume, they are pulling the eco switch out, and leaving it behind the dash.

And yes, every TCH has the eco switch, and there are no blank spots for a switch.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

The idea is to use the XLE stalk, which has the FL switch.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Enthusiast

The idea is to use the XLE stalk, which has the FL switch.
Kris, By mounting, I mean they are installed but not wired up yet. The techs at my dealership did nothing but perform an inspection on my car, I feel lucky!! They claim they compared the XLE wiring harness to the Hybrid wiring harness and there was major re-pinning between the 2, something about the headlights have been pinned diffferently. I've got the schematics, but haven't had a chance to review them yet. They actually ordered the XLE stalk, for $172.00. Anybody in Kirkland can now get one if they want. I will update this thread as I learn more.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

$172.00!!??!! OMG!

I would have to live in a swamp and have fog 18 hours a day to do that. I assume, you didn't actually buy it, but dayum!

As for the lights themselves, I have had 5 vehicles with them and probably have not had them on for more than 2 hours total. A high quality, properly aimed fog might help some, but most stock fogs are of little value ad from what I've seen.

Even the Prius fogs didn't do much. All it did was make the pavement easier to see for 50 feet in front of the car. The main beams were already lighting it though, the fogs just made it a touch brighter. I guess it would be okay at low speeds in really bad weather, but it was completely worthless on the highway.

Quick Reply: Fog Lights

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands