Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Front & rear sway bar bushings? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/front-rear-sway-bar-bushings-29586/)

UWAdventurer 04-09-2014 07:40 AM

Front & rear sway bar bushings?

What size are the front and rear sway bar bushings on the 2008 TCH? For replacement, polyurethane, greasable, other?

I have been looking everywhere and can't find what size these are. Thanks
in advance for the help!

ukrkoz 04-09-2014 08:05 PM

Re: Front & rear sway bar bushings?

Donno size, just measure your sway bar with caliper, but do NOT buy polyurethane ones. Waaaaay too soft.

Shogun 04-10-2014 02:25 AM

Yup, they used different sizes (depends what size sway bar you have), so you have to know what size your car has. Typically, there is a number on the bushing that tells you what size it is.
As for greasable vs non, its really up to you. Some people like greasable because it gives them peace of mind knowing its greased, some wouldnt rathar not hassle with it. I personally prefer non because its less of a hassle and because Ive never noticed a durability difference from one to the other.

UWAdventurer 04-13-2014 05:25 PM

Fronts are 24mm and the backs are 16mm. I replaced them along with the sway bar end links and all four struts yesterday. Rides like new.

ukrkoz 04-13-2014 05:40 PM

Wow. YOU did or someone else did for you? That's some work out. Rear struts are not easy to get to.
How was sway bars replacement? As they are covered by crossmember and power steering up front.
Which struts make did you use?

Shogun 04-13-2014 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by ukrkoz (Post 252190)
Wow. YOU did or someone else did for you? That's some work out. Rear struts are not easy to get to.
How was sway bars replacement? As they are covered by crossmember and power steering up front.
Which struts make did you use?

The fronts are a pain. Rears are pretty easy though.