Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Have I gone totally off the deep end? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/have-i-gone-totally-off-deep-end-9170/)

Orcrone 08-10-2006 06:52 AM

Have I gone totally off the deep end?

I live about 20 - 25 minutes from the airport and have 4 people coming in to visit on Tuesday. One is retired from Continental airlines so two of them will be flying standby. Because of this they may or may not be able to get on the same flight as the other couple. I'm figuring that there's no way I'm going to fit five people (including myself) along with all their luggage in the TCH so I'll have to drive my Explorer. I actually find myself hoping they can't make the flight. This way I'll have to take two trips to the airport, but now I'll be able to use the Camry.

Am I losing it? Does anyone else look for excuses to drive this car?

BTW, two trips in the Camry uses less gas than one in the Explorer.

Lilarienne 08-10-2006 07:31 AM

Re: Have I gone totally off the deep end?

It sounds very logical to me, Orcone. Two trips in the TCH will be better for the environment and your budget than one in the Explorer. Now, how will you know in advance which vehicle to bring???

wallpad 08-10-2006 07:36 AM

God I wish mine would go into allocation. I want in on all this fun!

Orcrone 08-10-2006 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
It sounds very logical to me, Orcone. Two trips in the TCH will be better for the environment and your budget than one in the Explorer.

That's true, but it's still over an hour extra out of my day. But even with that I'd still rather take two trips.

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
Now, how will you know in advance which vehicle to bring???

If they don't make it on the flight they'll call me and let me know. If I don't hear anything then I'll know they're on the flight. Also they can log onto an employee web site and see how booked the flight is ahead of time. That will give them a pretty good idea of whether they'll make it.

livvie 08-10-2006 07:47 AM

I think the explorer is the way to go... one trip. Unless you have nothing to do and have all the time in the world.

Railroad 08-10-2006 08:07 AM

Explorer...I mean they're you guests! They come all this way to see you(don't know how far they live from you :P ). They paid a couple hundred - thousand to see you, I'm sure you can use $30 of gas or something.

Orcrone 08-10-2006 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by livvie
I think the explorer is the way to go... one trip. Unless you have nothing to do and have all the time in the world.

Keep in mind if they don't get on the same plane I'm making two trips anyhow. Not going to keep my mom waiting in the airport until the next flight (or the one after that).

Chilly 08-10-2006 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Orcrone
I live about 20 - 25 minutes from the airport and have 4 people coming in to visit on Tuesday. One is retired from Continental airlines so two of them will be flying standby. Because of this they may or may not be able to get on the same flight as the other couple. I'm figuring that there's no way I'm going to fit five people (including myself) along with all their luggage in the TCH so I'll have to drive my Explorer. I actually find myself hoping they can't make the flight. This way I'll have to take two trips to the airport, but now I'll be able to use the Camry.

Am I losing it? Does anyone else look for excuses to drive this car?

BTW, two trips in the Camry uses less gas than one in the Explorer.

Yep you have gone off the deep end.

:)

Orcrone 08-10-2006 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Chilly
Yep you have gone off the deep end.

:)

But I think there's more than a few others on this board who have joined me.:P ;)

gandyfire 08-10-2006 07:40 PM

If they all arrive on the same flight, there is always room for one in the trunk. Half the fuelhttps://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...cons/icon7.gif