Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Headlight Adjustment (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/headlight-adjustment-9324/)

Eskimonio 08-16-2006 11:07 AM

Headlight Adjustment

Can anyone point me to where I can find out where the headlight adjustment screws are on the Camry Hybrid?

I've looked under the hood and they aren't as apparent as with other cars I've owned. I also found no joy on ToyotaIGuide.com, unless I just missed it.

Many Thanks!

WVGasGuy 08-16-2006 11:41 AM

Re: Headlight Adjustment

I have not looked. However be sure they need adjusted prior to making a change. These are some of the worse headlights I've ever had on a modern cars. There is a a defined horizontal edge with a sharp dropoff of light that you can see with the lights on and you may get the impression that you want them pointing up a little more. I don't think that will help and you'll just end up blinding the people that approach you.

I can't believe HID's and driving lights were not available.

Eskimonio 08-16-2006 12:09 PM

Roger on your advice WVGas, more than an upward adjustment, I am looking to pull the left light to the left a bit, far too much overlap and upon research, it looks like a job I may not want to take on anyway...I looked in the 'lighting' manual of that Oregon State University site that has all of the service tech manuals online, and it looks like the screws are buried behind the headlamp.

I'd love it if someone would prove me wrong, however.

bruceha_2000 08-18-2006 07:54 AM

Besides that there are legal requirements as to exactly where the headlights should hit a surface at a set distance on a level surface. Unless yours are not set to those specs, you should not 'adjust' them.

Eskimonio 08-18-2006 04:43 PM

Mine aren't set to those specs, as the left lamp is significantly toed in.

FL07THC 08-18-2006 11:04 PM

My drivers side light is high.... no pun intended :)