HELP Fast Please..Did I damage my Car???

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HELP Fast Please..Did I damage my Car???

I hate the beeps that don't make sense.
If you open the door before turning off the car, it will beep until you close the door.
I guess it is reminding you that you need to close the door, but I never really needed to be reminded of that.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Driving in stealth mode

I get the beep a lot for not closing the moonroof.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by coolshock1
I get the beep a lot for not closing the moonroof.
That's a good beep to get, no?

Old 05-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Driving in stealth mode

Not when I am parking in the garage for the night. :-P Most other times yes.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

As everyone else has said: you did not damage the car. It is definitely an easy thing to do, the TCH is so quiet. I also would not expect the battery to drain because the gas engine would cycle on and off to charge the batteries. It happens when we are stuck in traffic and not moving.

I will share my similar story, but it was with my 1995 Honda Civic. I was driving home, very tired and stuck in traffic. Hate to admit it, but I was probably nodding a little bit as I pulled up to the curb (in New York City). The radio was playing a favorite song, so I left the engine on while I put “the Club” on my steering wheel. When the song was over, I went upstairs to my apartment. Long story short, the next morning I came down and I noticed my air conditioner light was on. Yes, I left a car running with the keys in it on a NYC street overnight and it was still there in the morning!!!!

I drove to the nearest gas station and topped off the gas tank. Then I went to work.

I talked to my car buddies and after they stopped laughing at me they said it was probably a good idea to get an oil change. Since you are headed for your 5000 mile check up, you have that covered. I drove my Honda for about 10 years more after that incident. I’m sure the TCH will give us all that kind of longevity!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Enthusiast

I have almost left mine on as well!

Once I was with my teenage DD and took my DS into a game store. DD, did not want to go so I left her in the car. As I walked away from the car, with the key on my purse - the car kept beeping at me. Finally I realized what was happening.

Another time we kept trying to lock the car. It kept doing this this long continuous beep. I thought the alarm was going to go off. DD and I kept trying to see, was the car still on or what was going on. After the third attempt and still the long beep - I looked at the display and saw the passenger rear door was not completely shut! Boy did DD yell at her little brother!!

I still love the technology and both kids fight over "pushing the start button".

Kristi

Old 05-22-2008, 07:54 PM

My method is to stop, press the brake and put the gear lever in park. I press the power button once. I look at the button to make sure it's not lit up green or amber. If the led is not lit then it's off.

I like Haroldo's idea, just see if the clock is off. I may start using that method as it's easy to see.

Even if you did run down the battery, it would be the small 12 volt battery in the trunk. Its a special deep cycle battery and should be rather hard to run down. The battery is located on the rightmost side of the trunk under a small flap type cover. A simple jump would get your car started. The TCH would charge it right back up in a few minutes.

Last edited by rburt07; 05-22-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Fabulous in Green

Actually, I swear off by haroldo's tip. "If the clock is on, then the car is still on". Every single time I leave the car, I had to check the clock. It's almost like "clockwork"

Old 05-23-2008, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by rburt07
...I like Haroldo's idea, just see if the clock is off...
Originally Posted by g.theory
Actually, I swear off by haroldo's tip. "If the clock is on, then the car is still on". Every single time I leave the car, I had to check the clock....
You do know that since you are using my technique, you owe me royalties.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

I use the radio. If it is off, the car is off

Quick Reply: HELP Fast Please..Did I damage my Car???

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands