How to identify and fix possible car problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How to identify and fix possible car problem?

I too liked the response with the chalk dust hint. GREAT!

My first thought reading the problem was a small tear in a universal joint boot but I have only had my TCH a couple of months and haven't even looked at it up on a hoist.

Guess I should take it to my brother's and have him take his 1928 Franklin down off the hoist that he keeps it on so he can park his Corvette under it in his tall garage.

I doubt that the dealer would let me into the hoist area since I know that the bean counters are likely keeping them worried about all sorts of liability issues.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:19 PM
700 Mi Camry Club Member
Default Re: How to identify and fix possible car problem?

Ever considered just cleaning the area real good and then watching it more closely for additional leakage. This would verify the Toyota findings if nothing else showed up and make a new point #5...you local mechanic may want some extra money to pay some bills. Sorry to think so devious...but I find I can hold onto my money a little longer.