How many miles/Kms when you took delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 07:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How many miles/Kms when you took delivery?

I don't know about Toyota, but back in the 'before time' I used to do dealer prep for Chrysler products. Part of the prep was a road test with a recommended distance of 3-5 miles. Looking at some of the mileage figures, I't doesn't look like many are getting a shakedown drive.

Mine had 6 miles on it, 4 of those were from the offending d(s)tealership across town(bought and delivered through our credit union).

Old 10-19-2006, 10:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

Refused to take a 18 mile on odometer car for immediate delivery and instead waited for shiny new one fresh off the ship with 2 miles on the odometer. Don’t ask me why, my feeling was that if I paid that much for a car, I want a brand new one.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Mine had 25, 12 were mine for the test drive.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Wannabe Enthusiast

14 miles. I was less concerned about the miles than if there was any damage in transit. We found a few minor scratches, but they buffed 'em out for us. Satisfied.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Enthusiast

Mine had 14 miles on it, and had just arrived at the dealership that day (off the truck from the Houston port). I'm assuming in the hours between someone got a few test drives in.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:23 PM
amf
amf

Mine had 5 miles on it. Toyota vehicles usually have 2-5 miles on them as they role off the transport truck fresh from the factory to a dealers lot. They then have to go through PDI (Pre Deilivery Inspection) by the dealer which does involve a road test which will ad a few miles.

Any car purchased from a toyota dealer will always start the warranty clock on miles ticking from the miles at delivery. So a 18 mile delivery car will have the warranty start at 18 miles.

I would not be concerned about a car that has less than 20 miles on it at all. Also if the car has more than 20 then it has probably either been test driven at one point or simply dealer traded from one dealer to another and those miles are transport miles between dealers.

I think it is a little paranoid to refuse a car with 18 miles on it, but if that really bothers some folks than that is fine!

Alan

Old 10-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

If I had waited 2 months like some of the group here and was to be the intended the owner from the gitgo I would also want as few miles as possible on the car. It should basically only have the minimal mileage that is required to get it from the ship, to the truck, to the dealer and perhaps a few miles on the road when they get it. That would account for the 6-10 mile range.

When I had first decided to look at hybrids, the car that ended up as mine was locked up nice and tight on the showroom floor because it 'belonged' to the person who ordered it. I couldn't even get them to unlock it for me to look at the inside!

Old 10-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: How many miles/Kms when you took delivery?

I just picked it up and it HAD 4.5 miles. It now has almost 100 due to having to drive an hour south to find one without waiting six months.

Old 10-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Enthusiast

My baby had 4 miles when I took her home.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The TCH I test drove was one that was reserved for a customer. He explained that in order to buy one you have to let them keep it there for a couple of weeks and be able to put on a certain number of miles so they had one for test drives until the next one arrived (also for a customer). There was no way I wanted my TCH to be used for a couple of weeks of test drives. When they offered me $2000 less for my trade-in than the other dealership it made my decision even easier.

Quick Reply: How many miles/Kms when you took delivery?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands