Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   How to....section (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/how-section-22149/)

haroldo 07-15-2009 04:00 AM

How to....section

I got an idea...
Create a sub forum to the TCH forum called How to... that would hold all the threads what members create dealing with DIY topics (tutorials). There have been many informative threads that end up getting buried amidst the main forum. With a separate forum dedicated to the topic, it might help others find instructions and information.
In addition, it might encourage members to create and post their own How to... threads.
If there is enough interest we can ask mods to create the forum.
Good idea?

Frodo 07-15-2009 07:21 PM

Re: How to....section

Of course, I would hope not to be in a position to contribute to a DIY section, as in the car not needing other than routine fluid changes. :P

tharvey 07-15-2009 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by haroldo (Post 206786)
I got an idea...
Create a sub forum to the TCH forum called How to... that would hold all the threads what members create dealing with DIY topics (tutorials). There have been many informative threads that end up getting buried amidst the main forum. With a separate forum dedicated to the topic, it might help others find instructions and information.
In addition, it might encourage members to create and post their own How to... threads.
If there is enough interest we can ask mods to create the forum.
Good idea?

I agree on things getting lost I have done 2 how to's and yet can only find one.

rickkop 07-15-2009 09:28 PM

Sounds like a great idea, Rick

haroldo 07-16-2009 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 206844)
Of course, I would hope not to be in a position to contribute to a DIY section, as in the car not needing other than routine fluid changes. :P

Not necessarily true...I changed my cabin air filter and engine air filter this weekend. In both cases, I searched for a while to find a 'how to' post before proceeding.
In some cases (cabin filter) the info is in the manual, in other (engine air filter) it is not, or at least I wasn't able to find it there. In either event, the manual's instructions can be skimpy and a forum based discussion usually can cover the process in greater detail (such as; put your hand on the side, give it a sharp tug, make sure you don't break the clip, wiggle the piece to get it out, etc.) as well as including links to inexpensive or reliable places to get the part, etc.