Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   How to turn off the "Maintenance Required" light (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/how-turn-off-maintenance-required-light-16363/)

haroldo 12-13-2007 04:01 AM

How to turn off the "Maintenance Required" light

I don't know if this works, but I found this at the Prius Wiki page.
Try this at your own risk...

How to turn off the "Maintenance Required" light

Before turning the car on press and hold the trip meter button. Continue pressing it while you put your foot on the brake and hit the power button. Once the power is on, the odometer will show five dashes instead of numbers. Continue to press the trip meter until all the dashes go away.

jay_man2 12-13-2007 04:41 AM

Re: How to turn off the "Maintenance Required" light

That's it. The only thing I don't like is that it resets the Trip A meter to zero. On a Honda you'd reset the old maintenance reminder light in a similar way, but it wouldn't zero out the trip meter.

CJO2007CamryHyb 12-13-2007 04:47 AM

Sounds good! Now i know what to do if that light ever comes on. I am getting closer to the 5000 service and am going to take the TCH in for an oil change and tire rotation very soon anyways. Thanks for the info!!:D

haroldo 12-13-2007 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by jay_man2 (Post 153934)
That's it. The only thing I don't like is that it resets the Trip A meter to zero...

Suggestion...turn it off when you are filling up your tank when you'd be likely to reset the trip meter.

flopshot 12-13-2007 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by haroldo (Post 153931)
I don't know if this works, but I found this at the Prius Wiki page.
Try this at your own risk...

Now why would you even risk using a procedure written for a Prius (even if it works) when you can turn to Page 148 of your Camry Hybrid owners manual to find the specific procedure for your car?
:confused:

You can even look it up online on the iGuide:
http://www.toyotaiguide.com/content/07Camry/iGuide.htm

coolshock1 04-18-2008 05:39 AM

For anyone else who is new to their vehicle, make sure that the tripometer is set to A and not B.

When I did the reset though I didn't get the "Oil Mileage Reset Mode" I got "Maintenance Reset" and then each little box filled up as I continued to hold the button. Then the annoying message went away.

Ed_T 04-23-2008 07:47 PM

Tripmeter A retains the mileage, it does not reset to -0- on my 07 anyway.

CJO2007CamryHyb 04-24-2008 05:08 AM

It works! I reset mine at 9300mi before the 10000mi service. I am taking it in on Friday to get that done. I just didn't want to see that message each time i started the car..

coolshock1 04-24-2008 06:26 AM

I have an 07 and it reset mine. Maybe I just did something wrong.

rburt07 04-24-2008 10:34 PM

I reset mine the other day when I changed oil and filter. I pressed the display so it would show the trip A reading and the total miles. I held in the A trip button then pressed the power button. I don't think I had to push the brake or anything. The engine was not running during this reset. I saw the bars count quickly across the display which indicates that it was reset.

I always zero both the A & B trip readouts when I fill the tank. I did not look but I think the original B trip miles may not have been affected after the reset.