Ipod connection (07 Camry)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 01:25 PM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ipod connection (07 Camry)

Paulgw — The current Canadian Tire flyer has such a backup camera kit on "special" for C$150. The camera attaches to the rear licence plate mounting screws, and its cable must presumably be connected to the reversing light power leads. The communication to the small (~5 cm) LCD display is wireless, but the display needs power too, and both a 12-V accessory adapter cord and a flying-lead cord are supplied for this purpose. Also supplied is a cradle for mounting the LCD on the dashboard.

Stan

Old 11-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ipod connection (07 Camry)

Originally Posted by SPL
Paulgw — The current Canadian Tire flyer has such a backup camera kit on "special" for C$150. The camera attaches to the rear licence plate mounting screws, and its cable must presumably be connected to the reversing light power leads. The communication to the small (~5 cm) LCD display is wireless, but the display needs power too, and both a 12-V accessory adapter cord and a flying-lead cord are supplied for this purpose. Also supplied is a cradle for mounting the LCD on the dashboard.

Stan

Thanks Stan:

I will take a look at it but my first reaction is that I could not live with an aftermarket product that did not fully integrate with the existing system, i.e. does not use the navigation is screen.

Paul