Japan vs. Kentucky

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: Japan vs. Kentucky

This whole Japan vs. Kentucky thread is a load of FUD.
Toyota knows how to assemble cars here and overseas.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Amen. My Avalon and my Sienna were both put together in Georgetown, and I am glad that my TCH was too.

The best of both worlds: world-class design, and keeping many American worker's jobs.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Enthusiast

FYI: The plastic piece on the panel of the passenger side, by the windshield and the door popped out from the clip this morning...I was like ...oh sht....but i did put it back to the clip and gave it a good pounding...seem ok now.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by PhongZ
FYI: The plastic piece on the panel of the passenger side, by the windshield and the door popped out from the clip this morning...I was like ...oh sht....but i did put it back to the clip and gave it a good pounding...seem ok now.
The placstic part that covers the side-curtain air bag? If yes, I wouldn't pound it too good. A airbag exploding in your face can ruin your whole day.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:10 AM
Dazed and Confused

Good thing the accelerometers are located on the air bags. You can beat on the thing with a baseball bat, and it won't go off.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ag4ever
Good thing the accelerometers are located on the air bags. You can beat on the thing with a baseball bat, and it won't go off.
American or Japanese baseball bat?

Old 12-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

But the explosive inflators are. Personally, I wouldn't take the chance.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Dazed and Confused

Yes, but unless they are hit with an electrical charge they won't go off. When I was in High School, I had a car that had a driver's side air bag. As they were just starting to be used people were nervous about them, and I would routinly punch the steering wheel where the air bag was demonstarting that they won't go off if you bump it. never had a problem. I would not do it today, as I look back, that was just being destructive and possibly damaging the car, but I was young, dumb and full of ^@$.

I guess you had better watch your head getting out of the car since you could hit your head on the piller and cause the airbag to deploy, if you are using your scare logic.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I guess you had better watch your head getting out of the car since you could hit your head on the piller and cause the airbag to deploy, if you are using your scare logic.
No. But I was taking exception to the "Hitting it with a baseball bat" as being safe.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Enthusiast

Hi newbie here,
JTNBB...
Was this made in Japan or Kentucky. Port was SF.
Thanks! Paula

Quick Reply: Japan vs. Kentucky

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands