Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Little "presents" on Nav map screen (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/little-presents-nav-map-screen-19334/)

tharvey 08-02-2008 11:17 AM

Little "presents" on Nav map screen

OK I have looked everywhere and while in the "Nav" mode there are what I would describe as a symbol which appears to be a little present with a bow on top or something simular.

I can not find a meaning for the icon anywhere and at some locations I have upwards to 4 of these symbols.

Anyone know what they stand for, I have cleared my screen and it does not reveal anything as for icons etc.

When I press on the symbol all I get is an address which corresponds to the location where the symbol is

Thanks

Tim

mikecism 08-02-2008 01:51 PM

Re: Little "presents" on Nav map screen

Originally Posted by tharvey (Post 183224)
OK I have looked everywhere and while in the "Nav" mode there are what I would describe as a symbol which appears to be a little present with a bow on top or something simular.

I can not find a meaning for the icon anywhere and at some locations I have upwards to 4 of these symbols.

Anyone know what they stand for, I have cleared my screen and it does not reveal anything as for icons etc.

When I press on the symbol all I get is an address which corresponds to the location where the symbol is

Thanks

Tim

Yes, I've noticed those too. Specifically around shopping centers/malls. I think that's what the "present" (box with now) is meant to be. It is a not a regualt icon, but rather "built-in" the map, similar to parks.

tharvey 08-02-2008 06:00 PM

I thought of that but I have them where there is nothing but houses, any one else have any ideas

mikieboyblue 08-02-2008 07:04 PM

Yes, they denote shopping/gift centers.

If you poke around the POI lists and options I think there is help on the topic. Possibly use the display POI selection screen and then help. That could be wrong because I haven't played in there forever.