Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Maintenance information w/NAV (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/maintenance-information-w-nav-18619/)

Fireman 55 06-14-2008 06:16 PM

Maintenance information w/NAV

Under Maintenance information on the NAV screen is it possible to store any maintenance that has been done during the ownership of the TCH?

I have tried inputting information on the body side molding I had installed last week and when I try to add the date it was installed the NAV brings up a message that says the "date has past".

I had hoped to store all my maintenance in the TCH NAV but maybe it's a reminder screen for future maintenance only. Or are there other benefits to the maintenance information screen?

mikieboyblue 06-15-2008 08:55 AM

Re: Maintenance information w/NAV

I got the same message when I tried to add previous information. I gave up after that and figured it would be easier to write it in a small notebook.

JHSmith 06-15-2008 11:11 AM

Re: Maintenance information w/NAV

Originally Posted by Fireman 55 (Post 176748)
Under Maintenance information on the NAV screen is it possible to store any maintenance that has been done during the ownership of the TCH?

I have tried inputting information on the body side molding I had installed last week and when I try to add the date it was installed the NAV brings up a message that says the "date has past".

I had hoped to store all my maintenance in the TCH NAV but maybe it's a reminder screen for future maintenance only. Or are there other benefits to the maintenance information screen?

Not sure if this will do it, but you can try. (Don't have the chronological steps memorized, so I'll just wing it):
Go to GPS time and see it you can reset the date to sometime earlier.
Go to Maintenance Screen, insert your data
Go back to GPS time and perform and update of date.
As I said, I don't know if the preceding junk will work, just a try.

You will definitely want to keep a hard copy because if they need to change out your NAV/CD/Radio head, they cannot download what is stored. (I had to have mine changed out three times due to problems with CD changer. Lost all stored data. :cry:)