Major, major Bluetooth improvement

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Major, major Bluetooth improvement

Originally Posted by LongTimer
Thanks for the information on the bluetooth. I've just upgraded my wifes and my Verizon phones to the LGVX8300.
I am interested in upgrading my LG phone (non-BT but otherwise excellent) to LGVX8300 as part of verizon's new phone every two year program. What is your experience with this phone and camry BT connectivity - ie compatibility with navigation system including display of phone battery charge status, voice comprehension, battery life of BT connected phone, dropped calls etc? Thanks.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ntguru
Does anyone have a link to Toyota's official list of supported bluetooth phones?
None good/complete out there that I could find. I would suggest you go to lexus.com/models/bluetooth/ for a better list (but not complete by any means). All those phones should also be compatible with the camry's BT system. In most cases if one phone in a series is compatible all phones in that series will connect (with few limitations). Don't pay much attention to different car models, compatible phones are all the same.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lovekills
I am interested in upgrading my LG phone (non-BT but otherwise excellent) to LGVX8300 as part of verizon's new phone every two year program. What is your experience with this phone.
So far I don't have any complaints at all. The VX8300 was simple to pair with the TCH and the auto connect works great. Signal strength and battery life are displayed just fine on Nav Screen. I've had no complaints about voice volume or clarity. Only issue I had and it might have been something I did wrong was I could only transfer 10 contacts at a time. Even at that it was very easy and painless process which took almost no time at all. I've done a few online searches for reviews on the VX8300 and each one I read was outstanding. If your into music and MP3's the phone has one of the best ratings. Also, I actualy bought mine from a Verizon store and what I noticed was 5 out of the 6 Sales People were using the VX8300 as their own personal phones. That pretty much sold me right there.

For the record, I'm getting what be *BRAIN OVERLOAD*. I've only had my TCH for a week and a half now and the new phone I picked up just this past Sunday. All this new technolgy I'm trying to learn is a bit overwhelming at times.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:02 AM
Active Enthusiast
Question Re: Major, major Bluetooth improvement

I have non-nav dash with a Motorola V-551 from Cingular. I had to enter each name & number separately. After 30 minutes and repeating the numbers numerous times, it only accepted 20 numbers. I find the speech recognition poor, have to say the name 3 times before it will get it correct. The phone's voice recognition works first time every time. Everyone I have talked with from the Camry says it's voice quality is good though. The voice button on the steering wheel should be relocated or recessed, I keeping hiting it by accident when I intend to hit the display button or when turn the steering wheel. Maybe it's because it's my first car with steering wheel controls. On another note, the garage opener works better than the orginial. The range is larger.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:14 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by freeagn
... it only accepted 20 numbers. ...
20 is one of the limitations on the non-NAV bluetooth. See page 1 of the attached file. Sorry.
J

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
bluetoot.pdf (55.7 KB, 100 views)
Old 08-24-2006, 04:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the info.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

So far I don't have any complaints at all.
Thanks a lot for input, LongTimer. Couldn't decide between this and the LG Chocolate. I am not that much into MP3 music but I was thinking about getting an MP3 player to replace CD changing. For that, the Chocolate seems a better choice, however the reviews for the phone itself are not great. I will go for same as you now.
For the record, I'm getting what be *BRAIN OVERLOAD*.
Hope it is nothing too serious. The car should help you get trough it (although it's the cause, a paradox isn't it?)

Old 08-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lovekills
I am interested in upgrading my LG phone (non-BT but otherwise excellent) to LGVX8300 as part of verizon's new phone every two year program. What is your experience with this phone and camry BT connectivity - ie compatibility with navigation system including display of phone battery charge status, voice comprehension, battery life of BT connected phone, dropped calls etc? Thanks.
I did exactly the same thing. Upgrade from an LG3100 phone to the LV VX8300 for bluetooth compatibility using the new every two.

The phone works great. Pairs up every time without incident. Don't know if it's still valid, but they had a buy 1 get 1 free offer. So my wife and I got new VX8300 phones for $49.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

Anybody use a smart phone, one that runs Windows Mobile OS?

Old 08-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by wallpad
Anybody use a smart phone, one that runs Windows Mobile OS?
I make it a point to never use "Smart" and "Windows" in the same sentence.
J
(running and ducking)

Last edited by schmidtj; 08-24-2006 at 08:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Major, major Bluetooth improvement

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands