Major Malfunction updates (!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Enthusiast
Angry Re: Major Malfunction updates (!)

NEW INFO... I still don't have my TCH back starting week 4 now. The latest info I have is next Tuesday the Toyota tech team is going to bring over another TCH to compare several readings and voltages and perhaps scalp some parts if needed. I'm to the point that I think I would rater have the TCH used for the comparison than the one I own. I’m discouraged but my hope is that my experience is isolated.

Detroit has a much better track record than this. Well, I guess I have to wait and see and hope the rumor that Yugo Inc. recently purchased Toyota isn’t true.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Major Malfunction updates (!)

Originally Posted by Norb
Detroit has a much better track record than this.

I don't know if I would agree with that statement (but my TCH isn't in the shop).

Old 08-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Enthusiast

NEW INFO... I still don't have my TCH back starting week 4 now. The latest info I have is next Tuesday the Toyota tech team is going to bring over another TCH to compare several readings and voltages and perhaps scalp some parts if needed. I'm to the point that I think I would rather have the TCH used for the comparison than the one I own. I’m discouraged but my hope is that my experience is isolated.

Detroit has a much better track record than this. Well, I guess I have to wait and see and hope the rumor that Yugo Inc. recently purchased Toyota isn’t true.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Norb, perhaps you should investigate your state's lemon laws, as previously suggested.

I cannot imagine why they would use a perfectly good TCH to "scalp" parts from to put into your apparently seriously malfunctioning one. Perhaps you might suggest to them that, all things considered, Toyota might want to trade you a new one for yours, so they can disassemble it for study.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
Norb, perhaps you should investigate your state's lemon laws, as previously suggested.

I cannot imagine why they would use a perfectly good TCH to "scalp" parts from to put into your apparently seriously malfunctioning one. Perhaps you might suggest to them that, all things considered, Toyota might want to trade you a new one for yours, so they can disassemble it for study.
DITTO! I would start the process, I would also be on the phone with Toyota USA and be dealing with their executive escalation people, remind them of the power of the internet and get names. I would also start drafting a letter to Corporate in Japan.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:56 PM

I know this is a minor point, but what are you driving in the interim? Have they given you a loaner car?

BTW, I agree with the previous posters. Time for them to get the lemon and give you a new one.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Enthusiast

The dealer has given me a 05 camery as a loaner.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:13 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Make sure you put at least 5,000 miles on the loaner! Take every advantage you can! Good time to take a trip and let the dealer pay the depreciation!

Old 08-04-2006, 02:38 PM

Road trip to Europe and then Hawaii?

Old 08-04-2006, 06:06 PM

Detroit has a much better track record than this.
Detroit has a better track record at fixing flawed vehicles since they have a much higher percentage. My parents had a new Chevy station wagon that had to be flat bedded back to the dealer at least three times and a Pontiac that always kept dying. Toyota has NO IDEA how to deal with problem cars since they have so few. Norb, I'm very very sorry you have to deal with this. This is exactly what the Lemon Laws are for.

Quick Reply: Major Malfunction updates (!)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands