MAJOR MALFUNTION No Roadside help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 03:31 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: MAJOR MALFUNTION No Roadside help!!!

I think it's a dealer by dealer choice, because our dealership offers one year of AAA membership for roadside assistance.

Old 07-21-2006, 03:42 AM

Norb,

So what did the problem turn out to be?

Old 08-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Enthusiast

After 24 days I got my TCH back. Two count-um dc to dc converters later I'm back on the road.

I guess I'll know soon if it's truly fixed. I wasn't happy about the car not working but now that I have it back "wow what a nice car" 40.6 MPG.

So far so good.

Norb

Old 08-14-2006, 05:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Norb
After 24 days I got my TCH back. Two count-um dc to dc converters later I'm back on the road.

I guess I'll know soon if it's truly fixed. I wasn't happy about the car not working but now that I have it back "wow what a nice car" 40.6 MPG.

So far so good.

Norb
Well congrats on getting it back...and they are great, it is terrible you had this issue...please keep us in the loop with any further issues you have....hopefully there wont be any...we have going on 8500 miles now without a single issue (knock on wood).

Old 08-14-2006, 06:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Norb,

Glad you have your car back. Hopefully the problems are behind you.

How was the dealership and Toyota during this process? Did they ever blame you for anything? Did they readily offer a loaner, or did you have to fight them for it? Did it take a long time to get Toyota involved when the dealership couldn't fix it (loose ground, yeah right). As you pointed out earlier there's no roadside assistance. Did they pay for the tow or offer any assistance if this problem returns today or tomorrow.

Any company is wonderful when there are no problems. How a company reacts when there are problems speaks a volume about them.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Norb

So far so good.

Norb
Glad they finally got it.
Granted they gave you a loaner and such, but after all that I hope the dealer or Toyota comped you something? Etiehr some free service vouchers or free accessory?

Old 08-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Enthusiast

Due to this thread I just called up my insurance company to add roadside coverage for a 4.50 per half year. Not a bad price.

Old 08-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Wow! That's a great price! I pay nearly double that.

Old 08-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

I called Toyota customer sevrvice 800-331-4331 and did verify there is Toyota road side assistance (under warranty) for new vehicles and the coverage is up to $100.00.