Mudguards Yay or Nay

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mudguards Yay or Nay

Sounds like BS, I purchased then off the internet from I believe Texas color matched and took the easy way out and had them installed removing the rear tires for $35.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mudguards NEED HELP!!!!!!

Originally Posted by seaford
New Here and Need Help...Dealer where I am buying hybrid from will NOT sell me nor install mudguards. States they should NOT be put on the hybrid..something about sensors and wind flow blah blah blah and they harm the car!!!!!!!!!!Whats that about?????
Hi, welcome.

If what your dealer speaks of is true, then my car (and many others) must have a boat load of problem.

Seriously, I have not had any issue with them and they look great. They were easy to install (the rears do require the tire to be removed and I just did one at a time using the supplied jack that came with the car).

If the dealer will not give them to you, buy them from this site (http://www.trdparts4u.com/MC-CDCE-DA.aspx) as they will be cheaper, you can get them color matched, and then go to your local shop and ask to have them installed if you don't want to drive yourself.

A note: if you install them yourself, the front screw hole plugs just turn and pop out. I though the whole thing comes out (anchor and all) but I was wrong. It took me awhile to figure this out. The mudguard screw uses the anchor.

Good luck!

Old 12-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

ummmm...very strange..But they were really adamant about them messing up car....had my son just call his friend, a mechanic, and he never heard of it..told me to call other dealers but two other dealers gave me a quote with mudguards...so if I buy from this dealer, i'll just buy my own mud guards. thanks...

Old 12-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

New Here and Need Help...Dealer where I am buying hybrid from will NOT sell me nor install mudguards. States they should NOT be put on the hybrid..something about sensors and wind flow blah blah blah and they harm the car!!!!!!!!!!Whats that about?????
Messes up the car? Not only STRANGE but also complete hog-wash. Can't remember for sure, but I believe the Canadians get them as standard equipment (at least on the Prius), and possibly people in the South-East.

On the '07 regular Camry, they were offered as accessories! (I still have my propaganda sales pamphlet.)

Old 12-05-2007, 03:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Dealer = Moron

Old 12-05-2007, 06:14 AM

Total nonsense. Mudguards come standard on the TCH here in Ottawa (at least they did on mine). Its listed on both the US and Canadian websites as an accessory as well.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Got quote from another dealer. Said I wanted mudguards. He checked and no problem...This is very strange..........

Old 12-06-2007, 02:44 PM

Dealers are salesmen. Some are knowledgeable about their products, some aren't.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't have any.
Not too much mud and zero snow where I drive.

I like the idea of them though!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Enthusiast

They are black, and I think they work great! I wash my car far less than I did with my last camry without mudgards.

Quick Reply: Mudguards Yay or Nay

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands