Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   NAV Consumption screen question (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/nav-consumption-screen-question-14078/)

ga20646 06-18-2007 08:55 AM

NAV Consumption screen question

I just bought a loaded silver TCH with NAV and there is one thing that I cannot find an answer to that is bugging me. Does anyone know what the little car and half car icons on the consumption screen indicate? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Thanks for any help.

BTW - I love my new car but the (little) things that bug me the most are that they should have put the outside temp display by the clock or on the rear-view mirror instead of having to scroll through the multi-function thing to see it. I park in a climate controlled garage both at home and at work and like to see it when I get out on the street. Also, you can't see the headlight switch through the steering wheel and lastly, there is no thigh support on the front seats. Still love the car better than anything I ever purchased in the past!

klynch 06-18-2007 09:11 AM

Re: NAV Consumption screen question

Welcome and congratulations!

There is a legend (I think it's at the top of the consumption screen) that shows each car represents 50kWh of energy generated. Each half car therefore represents 25kWh.

spiff72 06-19-2007 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by klynch (Post 130353)
Welcome and congratulations!

There is a legend (I think it's at the top of the consumption screen) that shows each car represents 50kWh of energy generated. Each half car therefore represents 25kWh.

Actually, I think it is 50Wh and 25Wh of power regenerated by using regenerative braking. It doesn't include electricity generated directly (generator driven by the ICE).

klynch 06-20-2007 04:45 AM

You're exactly right. Apologies for not specifying that.

mikieboyblue 06-20-2007 06:22 AM

And don't feel bad. It took me a while to figure that out too :-P