Navigation, adding it on afterwards

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Navigation, adding it on afterwards

I'd love to get more info on adding the NAV in afterwards. Pros and cons. Thanks.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Question Re: Navigation, adding it on afterwards

Reviving this old thread to see if anyone has successfully retrofitted an OEM Nav unit into the TCH including activating the energy monitor? These NAV units are starting to show up more frequently on EBay (not sure why you would even order a car with optional factory NAV if you're going to pull it out for aftermarket upgrade). The OEMVALUE website still says they don't know how to activate the energy monitor.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Enthusiast

I just ordered one from ebay so will be attempting the installation as soon as it gets warm enough. Haven't found anyone that know how to enable the energy Monitor.

I did find this link of a guy that claims all 2007 Camry's have wire harness's for both the NAV and non-nav radio's. Not sure if this applies to Camry Hybrids. Probably not or somebody would have noticed by now.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...5&postcount=23

That thread also shows pictures of Reverse and Speed sensor inside cabin connections from a standard camry.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...4&postcount=14

For anybody that has done this retrofiit on a TCH are these the connections you used? If not, where did you get them?

Old 03-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stinger123
Hi Elmo,

Troy at oemvalue will only ship to Canada using UPS, he chose the ground service which most of us Canadians know as (huge extra fees will be levied on you as we will charge you what we want) rant over. The extra fees add up to $221.33 including GST.

Just FYI, you have the option of being your own customs broker with UPS. It's very, very easy - here's what you do:

-When the UPS guy shows up and demands ten pounds of flesh, tell him you're gonna broker it yourself. He'll take it away.

-In a day or two, you should get a call from your local UPS office, who will have some paperwork ready to go. You'll also need a printout of your online order or invoice, to prove what you actually paid for the item to customs (they don't care what the declaration says). The UPS person will tell you where to go to pick up the papers

-Go to UPS and pick up their paperwork, and bring your invoice (if it's from ebay, print out your auction and/or your paypal transaction page). They should give you directions to the customs office, which is generally quite near the UPS location, and both are generally very near the airport.

-Go to customs, present the paperwork from UPS and your proof of purchase. They will charge you any applicable duties/taxes, which in the case of an $1800 nav system will probably be pretty high, and stamp your papers.

-Take the papers back to UPS and present them, and they'll give you your stuff. Congratulations, you just saved yourself at least $30 (minimum) in bogus brokerage fees.

Let us know how the install goes eh.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Enthusiast

Got the OEM unit in today, The Installation manual says I need to Order an Aux & Steering SW Wire Harness.

I have a US Camry Hybrid. Do I need that cable and if so does anybody know the US Toyota Part Number? I called my Toyota Dealer and they did not have a clue.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spaziwk
Got the OEM unit in today, The Installation manual says I need to Order an Aux & Steering SW Wire Harness.

I have a US Camry Hybrid. Do I need that cable and if so does anybody know the US Toyota Part Number? I called my Toyota Dealer and they did not have a clue.
The aux and steering adapter harness that I bought in Canada for my install was part # C0069-33010-W2.
I suppose there is a chance that the part number may be different in the U.S.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:12 AM
Enthusiast

I just had a local Toyota Dealer (I live in RI) install an OEM Nav I purchsed from ebay for me ($1400). I had to call around till I found one that would do it for me without buying the part from them. One of the Toyota Dealers Quoted me $3,800 plus installation. Are they Nuts? I wanted a Toyota Dealer to do the install so there would not be any question about voiding the warrenty.

Anyway, the install was $285. Eveything works execpt for the energy Monitor and AUX Audio input.

I did not have the Aux & Steering SW Wire Harness and My Toyota Dealer does not know what to order even with the Canada part # so looks like I'll need to order one from a Canadian Toyota dealer.

My dealer had no clue what to hook up to get the Energy Monitor to work. It has been mentioned in other forurms that there are 4 wires that need to be hooked up. My dealer had no clue what those were eigther.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
Reviving this old thread to see if anyone has successfully retrofitted an OEM Nav unit into the TCH including activating the energy monitor? These NAV units are starting to show up more frequently on EBay (not sure why you would even order a car with optional factory NAV if you're going to pull it out for aftermarket upgrade). The OEMVALUE website still says they don't know how to activate the energy monitor.
These nav units are most likely from wrecked Camrys. There may be nothing wrong with them.

Old 04-05-2007, 04:17 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spaziwk
I just had a local Toyota Dealer (I live in RI) install an OEM Nav I purchsed from ebay for me ($1400). I had to call around till I found one that would do it for me without buying the part from them. One of the Toyota Dealers Quoted me $3,800 plus installation. Are they Nuts? I wanted a Toyota Dealer to do the install so there would not be any question about voiding the warrenty.

Anyway, the install was $285. Eveything works execpt for the energy Monitor and AUX Audio input.

I did not have the Aux & Steering SW Wire Harness and My Toyota Dealer does not know what to order even with the Canada part # so looks like I'll need to order one from a Canadian Toyota dealer.

My dealer had no clue what to hook up to get the Energy Monitor to work. It has been mentioned in other forurms that there are 4 wires that need to be hooked up. My dealer had no clue what those were eigther.
From what I have been reading it looks like the Nav systems that are on Ebay and OEMValue are from Standard Camry's and don't have Energy Monitoring capabilities.

I'd like to see if my Dealer can swap it out for a Hrybrid version but first I need to get any wiring that has to do with the Energy Monitoring hooked up.

Does anybody know what additional wires need to be hooked up and where I can find them? The pinout for the nav 24-pin connector lists Pins 2 and 3 for tha CAN bus line. I have no idea where to find the wires for them.

Also, OEMValue says there are 4 wires that need to be hooked up for the Energy Monitor. Besides the CANBUS, what are the other 2 Wires?

Old 04-05-2007, 04:20 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Whew. My factory installed NAV was a bargain.

Quick Reply: Navigation, adding it on afterwards

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands