Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Navigation System/Audio System (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/navigation-system-audio-system-11106/)

Paulgw 11-21-2006 07:21 AM

Navigation System/Audio System

I thought I read somewhere that the audio system is automatically turned down during a navigation system announcement, it sounded like a great idea. Is this an option, or am I just dreaming in Technicolor? So far I have not been able to find this feature and have to have the navigation system announcements higher than would otherwise be necessary to hear them over the audio system. Can anyone answer this question?

schmidtj 11-21-2006 01:22 PM

Re: Navigation System/Audio System

Originally Posted by Paulgw (Post 99656)
I thought I read somewhere that the audio system is automatically turned down during a navigation system announcement, it sounded like a great idea. Is this an option, or am I just dreaming in Technicolor? So far I have not been able to find this feature and have to have the navigation system announcements higher than would otherwise be necessary to hear them over the audio system. Can anyone answer this question?

Although not muted my audio system is definitely quieted during NAV announcements. During phone calls the NAV announcements are turned off.

SFHybrid 11-21-2006 10:36 PM

There is a volume control for this in your controls on the nav menu under settings. You can adjust how loud you want the announcement over your music to be.

schmidtj 11-22-2006 04:34 AM

Let me rephrase my original response.
The Left (driver side) front speaker's music level is reduced when the NAV announcement is made. The announcement is made only through that same speaker and not all of them. So if the music level is set very high I doubt if lowering the audio level in only the one speaker will help much in making the announcements audible. If the music audio level is set to a reasonable level the announcement through the single speaker is very audible with the announcement level set to mid-range.
YMMV

hamm3r 11-22-2006 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by schmidtj (Post 99854)
Let me rephrase my original response.
The Left (driver side) front speaker's music level is reduced when the NAV announcement is made. The announcement is made only through that same speaker and not all of them. So if the music level is set very high I doubt if lowering the audio level in only the one speaker will help much in making the announcements audible. If the music audio level is set to a reasonable level the announcement through the single speaker is very audible with the announcement level set to mid-range.
YMMV

What he said...
:thumbs_up