New steering related recall or TSB ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 04:26 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent
Default Re: New steering related recall or TSB ?

On the service ticket it's listed as

06 07 Camry HV EPS Campaign
Replace EPS Assist

Old 01-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj

Replace EPS Assist

Many thanks. My TCH was built in July '06. I'll call my dealer Monday.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Al Froio

Many thanks. My TCH was built in July '06. I'll call my dealer Monday.
Please let us know what happens...Is this a "free" repair? I know I am out of the 3 year/36000 mile warranty, but if this is important service recall, shouldn't it be covered by toyota?

By the way, I have a japan built 2007 camry hybrid thank you!

Old 01-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I would think any factory recall would be completely paid for my the manufacture.

Anyone with a recall letter should confirm with the service writer if their would be any charges to the customer.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:22 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj

Replace EPS Assist
I just dropped my 06 Highlander at Toyota service for this recall. I should have asked for a copy of the service bulletin, but here is what I was able to pick up from looking at the document. "Gradual loss of steering assist the further you turn the steering wheel from center. Most noticeable when parallel parking", "replace PS assembly", and something about faulty magnets.

5-6 hours to repair and for that reason, the service person said that a loaner car was not covered by the recall. Only those recall repairs taking more than one day would qualify for service loaner.

I'll get a copy of the bulletin when I pick up the car, and try to post tonight.. will also report if there is any noticeable difference in the steering feel.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Enthusiast

here is a copy of the service bulletin sent to dealers. I picked up my HiHy today after my dealer repaired the EPS unit. the front tires were also realigned because this was a steering related recall. So overall I am happy that it was taken care of promptly, and that my dealer called me even before I received the recall letter sent to owners.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
EPS Recall.pdf (683.0 KB, 950 views)
Old 01-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thank you! Today I brought in my car and it was under the service campaign. However, the parts are on backorder...nationwide. They said this campaign came out about a week or so ago, so Toyota is trying to keep up with the demand in parts. I'll post the service invoice when it gets done.

Thanks everyone for the heads up on this issue.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ptung07
Thank you! Today I brought in my car and it was under the service campaign. However, the parts are on backorder...nationwide. They said this campaign came out about a week or so ago, so Toyota is trying to keep up with the demand in parts. I'll post the service invoice when it gets done.

Thanks everyone for the heads up on this issue.
You didn't need to bring your car in to the dealer just to find out that your car is included in the recall campaign. Just call, tell them your VIN number, and they can look it up in their database. Did they give you an estimate of when the parts would be in stock? I suppose I got lucky by scheduling my appointment last Friday for Monday (yesterday).

Old 01-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by richlew
You didn't need to bring your car in to the dealer just to find out that your car is included in the recall campaign. Just call, tell them your VIN number, and they can look it up in their database. Did they give you an estimate of when the parts would be in stock? I suppose I got lucky by scheduling my appointment last Friday for Monday (yesterday).
Yeah, I know that is exactly what I did. I called them up, gave them my VIN, and they said I am covered under the service campaign. I asked, can I bring in my vehicle for repair today, they said sure, come on up. When I got there, they told me they do not have the parts nor was it in stock at the warehouse.

Sometimes my dealer does that, its annoying, but the owner of this dealership is a friend of my family and I also work there part time on breaks from school so I cannot really complain haha

I asked when should I expect this part.... they said they do not know. It could be up to a month or as soon as 1 week. I'll keep you all updated.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: New steering related recall or TSB ?

The parts surpassingly came in today. They did the service, took 4.3 hr units of work to do the repair. I will post the repair sheet later. I cannot really tell any differences, maybe the steering is a tiny bit more sensitive and easier to turn the wheel though.

Quick Reply: New steering related recall or TSB ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands