Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Oh No!!! I've become SMUG (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/oh-no-ive-become-smug-8831/)

Orcrone 07-27-2006 06:26 AM

Oh No!!! I've become SMUG

I was driving to work today taking a toll road. I have one of those transponders that let me sail through without stopping. It's a 45 mph speed limit through the toll booth. About two miles later the toll road ends and there's a traffic light, so I lowered the cruise to 50 mph before hitting the toll booth and just kept it there. In the mean time several cars behind me had to stop to pay the full toll. Of course they caught up and passed me before the stop light, but then got stopped at the red light. With them sitting there, all in the left lane, it triggered the light so that it turned green right before I got there. I just gave them a smile as I went by them in the right lane without slowing down, all the while my mpg gauge is reading about 50 mpg.:cool: :thumbs_up

Delta Flyer 07-27-2006 06:43 AM

Re: Oh No!!! I've become SMUG

Smug is a pejoritive term used by the bad drivers you mentioned that choose not to use common sense.

dcf 07-27-2006 09:24 AM

Socially Moderate User of Gas?

Orcrone 07-27-2006 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by dcf
Socially Moderate User of Gas?

Of course that's what I meant.;)

alc13 07-27-2006 09:44 AM

Yep, me too. For me it happened during the recent heat wave and smog alerts -- knowing that I had a clean-burning engine and low gas consumption.

VaBeachPrius 07-27-2006 10:21 AM

My first smugness (I kept it to myself) came when I was with my co-worker during a lunch break and he had to fill his tank on his Ford F-150 and I figured in my head that I could go almost 1500 miles on the gas he just pumped into his truck which lasts him just over 300 miles. :omg:

Chris

Current tank: 647 miles, 67.3 mpg (Have I failed to mention the ways I love my car?)

jhfarr73 07-27-2006 11:59 AM

Pfft, it took you how long? My wife was looking down on other drivers 5 min after we signed the paperwork. :D

ginway 07-27-2006 12:03 PM

haha. everyone needs to see the south park episode about hybrids. yes, I know it's south park, but it's hilarious. they get everyone to start driving hybrids and instead of smog, there's deadly smug polluting the country. "thaaaaanks!"

Sallyspal 07-27-2006 12:25 PM

As I've said before, I think personalized tags saying "Smug" are entirely appropriate.

spiff72 07-27-2006 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by ginway
haha. everyone needs to see the south park episode about hybrids. yes, I know it's south park, but it's hilarious. they get everyone to start driving hybrids and instead of smog, there's deadly smug polluting the country. "thaaaaanks!"

Sniiifffffff! No - I don't do that yet! Or ever, I hope.