Overriding hybrid navigation system

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Dazed and Confused
Default Re: Overriding hybrid navigation system

I just pulled fuse #12 - Radio #1 which is located under the hood, and fuse #30 - Radio #2 which is located under the driver's side of the dash. I waited approximatly 3 minutes before reinstalling the fuses. Upon powering up the car in accessory mode, the nav started reloading the nav operating data. I then tested the override, and I can access the screen and activate the override. I did not drive the car to see if it actually works, but I assume it does since it has a new service screen I did not have before. I also checked the DVD data on the info page, and it still indicates is has the 6.1 DVD version.

So far so good.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Old 01-21-2007, 05:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ag4ever
I just pulled fuse #12 - Radio #1 which is located under the hood, and fuse #30 - Radio #2 which is located under the driver's side of the dash. I waited approximatly 3 minutes before reinstalling the fuses. Upon powering up the car in accessory mode, the nav started reloading the nav operating data. I then tested the override, and I can access the screen and activate the override. I did not drive the car to see if it actually works, but I assume it does since it has a new service screen I did not have before. I also checked the DVD data on the info page, and it still indicates is has the 6.1 DVD version.

So far so good.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
Well done!

I have a Kentucky car with 6.1 and no access to the 5.1 DVD. Is there anywhere that anyone is aware of to get the required file from the 5.1 DVD?

Old 01-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

[quote=ag4ever;107819] I then got a BenQ DW1650 (Rebadged as a CompUSA drive)

Is this the drive that finally worked? Do you happen to know if the external DVD burner is the same company/technology?

http://tinyurl.com/23ellj

Old 01-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Dazed and Confused

Yes that is the drive.

Just be sure that the box actually has 1650 on it. The new version of that drive is not a BenQ.

BenQ was aquired by LiteOn, and the BenQ drives are now legacy "non-supported" drives. but, there is enough of a following that some people are making their own updates for it.

I figured if I only used the drive to make the override disk, it would be worth it.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Enthusiast

Has anyone been able to make this disc on a Mac? If so what software did you use to create it?

Thanks

Old 03-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

For those who, like myself, did a search and thought this thread might have the override procedure activation sequence, here it is (from the other linked thread):

<snip>
Do the volume screen override:

Press Menu
(menu screen appears)

Press Volume
(volume screen appears)

Press upper left corner
Press lower left corner
Press upper left corner
Press lower left corner

(Service Menu will appear)

Press and hold Over Ride for a few seconds

Last edited by chris_h; 03-08-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by schmidtj
I've been screwing around with the NAV's voice recognition system and after a slow start I've gotten pretty good with it. I find if you say the commands faster with no pause between the words it works better than 90% of the time.
That said, using the voice system I have little to no reason to use the override since the voice system works while in motion.
You know I think you have a point there. I've tried 5-6 DVD burns and had no luck. Wouldn't it be much better to learn how to use what Toyota intended us to use....our VOICE.
I will need to start practicing. (it can be frustrating at times)

(Does the lady in the Navi have a name? ie Tokyo Nav or something)

Old 03-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
You know I think you have a point there. I've tried 5-6 DVD burns and had no luck. Wouldn't it be much better to learn how to use what Toyota intended us to use....our VOICE.
I will need to start practicing. (it can be frustrating at times)

(Does the lady in the Navi have a name? ie Tokyo Nav or something)
Is there a way to enter and search for a POI Name using the voice recognition? So far I've only been able to enter an address while in motion using voice recognition.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by Geckoboy
Is there a way to enter and search for a POI Name using the voice recognition? So far I've only been able to enter an address while in motion using voice recognition.
Today, I used voice to find my restaurant.
"Show Thai restaurant"
she replied with showing the Thai POIs

Old 03-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
Today, I used voice to find my restaurant.
"Show Thai restaurant"
she replied with showing the Thai POIs

how about searching for the nearest target store?

Quick Reply: Overriding hybrid navigation system

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands