Pricing help needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Pricing help needed

Was that with Nav, leather, Sun roof and delivery?

Chuck

Old 04-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Pricing help needed

yes, everything! I also have a question. Don't know if any of you guys can answer.

Hybrid Sales Tax Exemption (bill): H 3044 would exempt from sales tax the sale of hybrid electric vehicles on Earth Day. Introduced 01/11/07 and referred to committee.

According to this law i get no tax if I buy the vehicle on earth day. However, the sales manager said that I do get taxes but i will get the refund on my next year tax return. Should I call a tax expert? or you guys already have an answer . Much appreciated!

Old 04-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Onliluv
yes, everything! I also have a question. Don't know if any of you guys can answer.

Hybrid Sales Tax Exemption (bill): H 3044 would exempt from sales tax the sale of hybrid electric vehicles on Earth Day. Introduced 01/11/07 and referred to committee.

According to this law i get no tax if I buy the vehicle on earth day. However, the sales manager said that I do get taxes but i will get the refund on my next year tax return. Should I call a tax expert? or you guys already have an answer . Much appreciated!
First off, congrats on the price. That's down $5k from when I got mine in 8/06.

Has this passed yet or is it still in comittee? It's similar to the tax refund deal that was in effect for the Camry until 9/06. That's the one where you got $XXX back depending on which model you bought. I had to file a form with my income tax for that year & the amount was added to my refund.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Can I ask where and who this dealer is? that is an excellent price. i am looking at a 09 fully loaded and i am around 33K. I would love to find an 08 to save that kind of money! and would be willing to travel to save it too!

Old 04-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cngrevolution
Can I ask where and who this dealer is? that is an excellent price. i am looking at a 09 fully loaded and i am around 33K. I would love to find an 08 to save that kind of money! and would be willing to travel to save it too!
I ordered one today from Champion Toyota in Austin that was fully loaded with Upgrade package w/Nav, leather, sunroof, spoiler, convience package, remote start, rs3200 security, floormats, body side molding, and mudguards for $29898 before TTL. About $1k over invoice. You may be able to haggle them down a little more. I am not the best negotiator. Now I get to wait a few week for it to come in. If you would like some more info, let me know.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:36 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I got my 2007 TCH in August of 2007 for $30,900 out-the-door - including all taxes title and registration fees..........it's fully loaded. I also got the $650 federal tax credit on my 2007 taxes. Not bad.........I'm guessing about $750 over invoice. I just checked Kelly Blue Book and the value is right at $31,500 at almost 9 months old. I think the new price would have been around $33,500 - $34,000.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Chris,

Did did you get a 50th anniversary edition? just curious...

Old 04-13-2008, 05:20 AM
Enthusiast

1. It was a toyota dealer in Dorchester,MA called Toyota Expressway. This was the last 08 they have on the lot. I also know another dealer in watertown that offer similiar pricing for a white Camry 08. 25990(leather, moonroof, nav---he said fully loaded). If you wan me to refer you to it, I'm glad to help you guys out.
2. It was not an anniversary edition.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

yeah if you can refer me that would be great. i would go that far in a heart beat to save that much!

Old 04-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Onliluv

If I am not mistaken, sales tax is charged on the state level, not on the federal level. Go to your state's web site and search for details of a sales tax abatement.
The federal tax credit (rebate) expired last summer on the Toyotas. It is based upon fleet wide sales and once they hit the quota, no more rebates.
This page details many of the incentives, although it is a bit out of date. It is a good reference point to start searching.

Quick Reply: Pricing help needed

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands