Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Procedure to clear NAV and Phone Settings (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/procedure-clear-nav-phone-settings-28594/)

schmidtj 02-12-2013 10:16 AM

Procedure to clear NAV and Phone Settings

Does any one have a procedure to clear the NAV, Phone and Phonebook in anticipation of selling the 2007 Camry Hybrid w/NAV?
I will also erase the Homelink but are there any other settings that should be cleared for best practices?
Thanks,
J

SteveHansen 02-12-2013 06:23 PM

Re: Procedure to clear NAV and Phone Settings

Disconnect the wire from the + terminal of the 12 volt battery in the trunk. Leave it disconnected for a minute or two before reconnecting.

Be careful not to let the wrench touch any other metal parts while it is touching the + terminal. There is plenty of space, so it is not difficult.

ukrkoz 02-12-2013 06:57 PM

Then be prepared to all kinds of lights to come up, after you try to start her, after you had battery disconnected. Right, Steve?

ukrkoz 02-12-2013 07:01 PM

Information>Telephone>Settings>Phone Book>Delete All> BINGO.

GeorgiaHybrid 02-12-2013 09:15 PM

Read your manual for the "forget" procedure. As far as the battery goes, if you disconnect a terminal, disconnect the negative, not the positive one. The negative terminal can be disconnected without regard to short circuits.

Anytime you remove a battery, remove the negative first and connect it last.

Pete4 02-17-2013 07:03 PM

If I was going to erase things, I would probably try the radio fuse instead, probably simpler than disconnecting battery albeit some things may be in more permanent memory and factory reset may be required anyhow. For example navigation points may possibly survive power outage and you may not want to have your home location still showing on the map of future owner.