Seat Belt Ding

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Seat Belt Ding

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
I just came from the Toyota dealership and asked them to turn my seatbelt dings off. They told me it couldn't be done. I showed them the page in the owner's manual that instructed me to have the dealer disable the buzzer if I didn't like it.

To make a long story short...the tech was able to plug his scan tool into my 07 TCH and turn offf the passenger and driver's side buzzers!!

Excelent!!

Can you let me know exactly what page that is? My salesman also told me it couldn't be done. Now I know he just had my best interests in mind, but I do intend to give him a friendly swat on the nose for lying to me (though he was probably just repeating what his boss told him to say).

I spend several hours of every weekday running errands, and I'm sometimes in and out within a few minutes, and I'm just not gonna put it on every time under those circumstances. Most of the time I do, but it's my choice, not Toyota's.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:52 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Check page 153 of your Camry manual. Section b & c both state:

"The vehicle speed linked seat belt reminder buzzer can be disabled. For details, contact your Toyota dealer."

Old 04-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Enthusiast

If I put something heavy on the passenger seat (i.e. groceries) the car thinks that the passenger is not wearing the seat belt and the annoying dinging starts. Anyone have this problem? Then I am driving along trying to shove everything onto the floor.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pdxhybrid
If I put something heavy on the passenger seat (i.e. groceries) the car thinks that the passenger is not wearing the seat belt and the annoying dinging starts. Anyone have this problem? Then I am driving along trying to shove everything onto the floor.
It is annoying, but it quits after about 30-45 seconds

Old 04-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Recent Hybrid convert

In the end, I just got it disabled by the dealer during its 5K maintenance, at no cost.
It took a LOT of convincing/threatening as well as showing them the manual page etc, but in the end they did succumb. Just be persistent.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HybridFan
In the end, I just got it disabled by the dealer during its 5K maintenance, at no cost.
It took a LOT of convincing/threatening as well as showing them the manual page etc, but in the end they did succumb. Just be persistent.
Same here...however, had it done before delivery.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Enthusiast

just had the dam ding disconnected by dealer.Cost $40.00 and no extenders or warrenty problems

Old 05-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Your lucky. Rosner Toyota (Stafford, VA) wanted $95 to do it - and that was AFTER I complained about how it was written into the handbook/manual that it could be done. They didn't even have a owners manual on hand to reference - they used mine! And still wanted to charge me for the 3 minute "hook up". Heck, my car was in for regular service. How long would it had taken? I'm most likely moving to another dealer for service and otehr things...

Old 05-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Recent Hybrid convert

Originally Posted by meerkat
Your lucky. Rosner Toyota (Stafford, VA) wanted $95 to do it - and that was AFTER I complained about how it was written into the handbook/manual that it could be done. They didn't even have a owners manual on hand to reference - they used mine! And still wanted to charge me for the 3 minute "hook up". Heck, my car was in for regular service. How long would it had taken? I'm most likely moving to another dealer for service and otehr things...
$95 for just a single change? Wow... I was under the impression most dealers didn't charge for these customizations if it was during your first visit (or one of the first visits) and you had bought your car there, kind of a "loss leader" to ensure you'll stay with them for all your repairs during the life of your car (which I am obviously NOT going to do, but that's beside the point).

Now that I think of it, I actually had 3 changes/mods made at no costs...