Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Spray or Wash your engine? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/spray-wash-your-engine-15954/)

CJO2007CamryHyb 11-19-2007 06:24 AM

Re: Spray or Wash your engine?

Being in Avionics maintenance in the Air Force on the F-16 for 15 years i can say that with good reason the Synergy drive section of the engine compartment (right side) needs to stay as dry as possible. Electronics and wiring that is subjected to water or damp conditions is prone to short/fail over time. The Synergy drive has alot of wiring and electronic control systems all located under and near the right side of the motor. I actually taped most of the harnesses off so water will not get into them........hopefully keeping water and moisture that can condense and cause problems out.

Drive safe..:shade:

skywagon 11-19-2007 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by CJO2007CamryHyb (Post 150468)
Being in Avionics maintenance in the Air Force on the F-16 for 15 years i can say that with good reason the Synergy drive section of the engine compartment (right side) needs to stay as dry as possible. Electronics and wiring that is subjected to water or damp conditions is prone to short/fail over time. The Synergy drive has alot of wiring and electronic control systems all located under and near the right side of the motor. I actually taped most of the harnesses off so water will not get into them........hopefully keeping water and moisture that can condense and cause problems out.

:omg: The only GOOD advice I have heard on this subject period!!!!!!!!;) ;) ;)

CJO2007CamryHyb 11-19-2007 07:20 AM

Thanks Skywagon!! I thought i would share my knowledge......:-)

nash 11-19-2007 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by CJO2007CamryHyb (Post 150468)

Could you elaborate on what type of tape, what and how you taped off the harnesses? Photos would be a bit help too. Thank you!

CJO2007CamryHyb 11-19-2007 12:02 PM

I used electrical tape and just taped all the exposed harnesses, mostly at the connectors. Basically all of the areas at the connector (wires) that are exposed to keep out any excess water/moisture. The 2 connectors right next to the Hybrid Synergy drive. I can take some pictures of what i did and respost later. Hope that helps. Some of the connectors are not reachable and i skipped them.