TCH vs. Deer - Deer "wins"

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH vs. Deer - Deer "wins"

Originally Posted by dalerb
Is that a tuft of deer fur caught in a jagged little bit of plastic that can be seen on the left side of the third image?
Yep, sure is! That is the horn, BTW. It is surprising, since the horn is recessed behind the grille quite a bit. Shows how much that the grill collapsed inward at impact, and then sprung back afterward. There is also fur stuck in a crack in the plastic of far corner of the grille (on the right side of one of the pics), along with a lot in the same pic as the horn one where it is dispersed all over the radiator. These are harder to see at the reduced resolution.

I posted 2 more pics of the lower bumper and the coolant reservoir near the inverter...

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/br...imageuser=4711

Old 08-18-2006, 06:51 PM
it's just a car...

Spiff72,
Terribly sorry one our Mag Gray club members had a collision.

It's good the damage is limited to the impact area and the air bags did not deploy -- and no injury!

I take the driveway slower in the TCH than our other vehicles for fear of the deer neighbors:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...highlight=deer

Old 08-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

SO sorry to see and hear that.

Old 08-19-2006, 08:44 AM

I just talked to the body shop this morning, and the initial esitmate is $4000!

I guess that is what insurance is for...

Hopefully I will get insurance approval on Monday and they can get started.

He listed off some of the things that they can see right now that are needed:
Hood
Blending both fenders
Front bumper cover
Right bracket
Horn
Emblem
Left headlamp assembly (I didn't notice any damage to this, but maybe it is hidden)
Radiator
AC condenser

Last edited by spiff72; 08-19-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about the damage. I am sure you are devastated.

Color matching should not be a problem and neither should the parts. I just had the front bumper replaced by our local Ford dealer from when I hit a racoon 3 days after taking delivery. They matched the Jasper Pearl perfectly and said they can get the Toyota parts faster than Ford!

Hitting the racoon tore the bottom of the bumper from one of the bolts that secures it to the underside of the car.

Old 08-19-2006, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by gandyfire
Sorry to hear about the damage. I am sure you are devastated.

Color matching should not be a problem and neither should the parts. I just had the front bumper replaced by our local Ford dealer from when I hit a racoon 3 days after taking delivery. They matched the Jasper Pearl perfectly and said they can get the Toyota parts faster than Ford!

Hitting the racoon tore the bottom of the bumper from one of the bolts that secures it to the underside of the car.
That is interesting - I didn't know a Ford dealer would do body work on a Toyota vehicle!

For some reason, I have an irrational fear that they will screw up and order a non-hybrid grille.

Old 08-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Our local Toyota dealer does not have a body shop. The Ford dealer has worked on my 92 Toyota Pickup three times over the years and has always done outstanding work.

I did call them to make sure they would order a Japanese bumper since the American ones don't have the two plug and had to instruct on how to start and stop the car.

On another note, I did see an LE the other day that had port installed 18" wheels and they added the TCH grille. I had to do a double take!!

Last edited by gandyfire; 08-19-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Don't sweat the paint match. It's a brand new car, which means that nothing has had a chance to fade or oxidize. It will blend right in like nothing happened. Too bad about the accident, though. Mother Nature didn't really equip deer to deal with cossing streets.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about the damage...it is never fun to hit anything or anyone, particularly when you probably haven't even made a payment!

From my own experience with hitting a deer in my Concorde was that the paint on the hood didn't last nearly as long as the rest of the original paint job. Living in an area where roads are sanded in the winter has caused lots of little chips to appear in the new hood. Be sure to ask about the durability of the paint job as mine looks really bad...

Yes, we had LOTS of tufts of deer fur...also since ours was hit on the side of the front, it caused some damage deep inside which wasn't discovered until several years later when the battery was changed out (the Concorde battery is down by the passenger side front tire).

Old 08-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

Oh GOD !.. This make ME sick and it's YOUR Car !.. Just way too similar for me... Mine is a Mag Grey as well.. That would just crush me.. Hope you get it all back together again!..

B

Quick Reply: TCH vs. Deer - Deer "wins"

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands