Is there a fog/driving lights kit for the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Is there a fog/driving lights kit for the TCH

Ah ok, I got confused when you mentioned:

Originally Posted by elmo
I did modify the xenon depot kit so it only required plugging into the factory plug.

So in the end you made no mods to the xenon depot kit?

By chance do you have any pics of your ride with the HID's turned on?

Old 10-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Enthusiast

You don't have to mod the xenon depot kit. I did just to make it more plug and play as I didn't see the direct battery connection was needed. Sorry no pics, I tried but it didn't turn out very well. I can tell you there's a huge difference in whiteness and brightness. And not a single person has flashed me.

Old 10-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bumzyman
I’ve looked into this a little so far and the XLE light stalk does have a fog position that we do not have on the TCH. I’ve talked to the service manager at the dealership where I bought mine and I am bringing the car in this Saturday so they can check to see if the plug configuration is the same on the TCH. If it is their going to order the parts that I need. They have been asked the fog light question a bunch of times already so I think the rep was as eager to find out as me. More money for the dealers if they can offer it to everyone I guess.

As soon as I have confirmation and a total price with installation I will post the info here.

Hey Bumzyman,

Any word on the fog lights and installation?

Old 10-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sir ELMO - would happen to have the style number of the HID kit you got from xenondepot that worked for u --- there are many choices and experience is the best choice .... if I understand the HIDs you replace only the low beam - correct? does the distinct light cutoff line remain or go away ?? I believe the daytime running lights are low power hi-beams..

Old 10-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Enthusiast

Yes, I only replaced the low beams. cutoff line is still very sharp.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Elmo,

Was there a wire to connect to the positive terminal of the batter in your xenondepot kit? If so, where did you connect it to, since the batteries are in the rear of the vehicle.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Enthusiast

Yes there was. And no I didn't use it as explained above. I modified the harness from the kit so it just plugged into the headlight plug.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Somebody posted a thread over at TN that shows a hybrid with foglights. I'm waiting for details about whether this was done with Toyota factory parts or if this was an aftermarket system.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh....php?p=1479409

Old 10-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Enthusiast

It was clearly stated that it was an aftermarket kit from ebay. I've seen that on ebay before.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elmo
It was clearly stated that it was an aftermarket kit from ebay.
Nope, try reading that TN thread again. One poster said he bought the Ebay kit, then a different poster said his father-in-law has foglights on his car and posted pics. There was never any mention where the father-in-law got the parts.

Quick Reply: Is there a fog/driving lights kit for the TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands