Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Is there a trick to getting the coin drawer out? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/there-trick-getting-coin-drawer-out-22486/)

Mr. Thyristor 08-24-2009 06:16 PM

Is there a trick to getting the coin drawer out?

Well, I've tried enough times. Now I want to ask some experts:

Is there a trick to getting the little drawer to the left of the steering column out of it's hole?

I've tried and I don't want to break it so the only thing I havent tried is the "brute force" mode.

Anybody?

haroldo 08-25-2009 12:49 AM

Re: Is there a trick to getting the coin drawer out?

out completely or to open?
mine opens easily

cmartinez95 08-25-2009 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by haroldo (Post 209825)
out completely or to open?
mine opens easily

I think he might mean out completely. I've never tried to take mine out all the way out of the hole. I'll have to give it a try on my way home today when I'm at a red light with nothing to do, lol.

joeumama 08-26-2009 11:11 AM

Open the drawer until it stops. Place one hand palm up into the drawer. Using fingers, push up on the plastic above the drawer. Slight pressure should release a small plastic catch located in the center of the roof of the drawer cavity. While keeping pressure on this catch, pull out the drawer with your other hand.

This is the technique I use in my wife's 2007 Camry Hybrid.

Good luck

Mr. Thyristor 08-27-2009 04:02 PM

Success!!!! Thanks, Joe.

Joe's method worked as advertised. I read the owner's manual section that discusses the little drawer several times over, and just couldn't figure it out.

Thanks again. This forum is great.

Frank

haroldo 08-28-2009 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by karoty (Post 209978)
I am new to this group.
demande taux pret personnel en ligne credit simulation Faire un pret immobilier en ligne avec un bon creditdemande taux pret personnel en ligne credit simulation

this is a SPAMMER
there are blanks below the text that are links
do not click!