Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Updated Nav DVD? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/updated-nav-dvd-9606/)

spiff72 08-29-2006 09:51 AM

Updated Nav DVD?

Has anyone out there heard if there are any updates coming soon for the Nav DVD? My dealer told me that they would "take care of me" when it comes to the outdated maps in the Grand Rapids, MI area (it is missing a major highway that was contructed 2 years ago).

I intend to get back into contact with them when I hear that a new one is available...

Orcrone 08-29-2006 10:03 AM

Re: Updated Nav DVD?

Originally Posted by spiff72
My dealer told me that they would "take care of me" when it comes to the outdated maps in the Grand Rapids, MI area (it is missing a major highway that was contructed 2 years ago).

They're going to block off the new road so you can't use it. Problem solved.:omg:

B-Red-TCH 08-29-2006 10:42 AM

My Nav CD is increadibly out of date. This morning it was trying to guide me to La Guardia Airport. I was showing a different road than I was on, it said take Exit 3, and the nearest exit was 44, as a result I missed 3 key turns and added 30 mins to my trip. This is a major problem.

WVGasGuy 08-29-2006 11:01 AM

There needs to be some sort of "class action" issue. The price of this thing should have guarenteed some assurances of a system that is up to date. The information is available (other brands have updates). I've found roads over 5 years old not on the map.

RCFlyer 08-29-2006 04:11 PM

I've read in another forum that there should be about one update per year and they are close to another one and have been putting pressure on their vendor to get it right this time.....

dalerb 08-29-2006 04:46 PM

Anyone have any idea what Toyota charges for an new map DVD? I know the Infiniti updates are $190, which is pretty steep.

B-Red-TCH 08-29-2006 07:48 PM

I called the Toyota Dealer today, they said there is not a new DVD available yet, but they cost $250! == Ouch, for $100 more I could buy a Garmin GPS at Best Buy.

dalerb 08-29-2006 10:53 PM

$250!? I don't think so...

schmidtj 08-30-2006 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by dalerb
$250!? I don't think so...

Think again. The Low Res Prius updates are $200.
But there is hope.
There were enough issues with the original Prius map database they issued one free update via a recall.
I have noticed the routing is poor if you are out of one of the "Detail Information" areas. It shows secondary roads but won't route using them even if your destination is on a secondary (not a dirt road either) road. I think we are giving up a lot with the Hi-Res. I know my '04 Prius did a better job in outlying areas.
J

B-Red-TCH 08-30-2006 05:42 AM

Okay, so how do we go about putting pressure on Toyota to recall the Nav DVD's? Is there a number to call, is there a place in this forum to start a petition? How do we reach the non-hybrid Camry owners?