Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Washed my fob again (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/washed-my-fob-again-23962/)

Mainer 02-28-2010 04:28 PM

Washed my fob again

Well I washed it in the clothes washer for the third time - still works fine. I think I must hold the record in this event.

Slash 02-28-2010 04:41 PM

Re: Washed my fob again

Three times!? WOW! Do you have an HE washer or an old school-style one? After using an HE one for a couple years, I definitely think the odds of survival greater than if you are using a traditional machine---the water usage is much, much lower in an HE.

Mainer 02-28-2010 05:23 PM

It is an HE - I'm sure it helps my being even more POed at myself

Smilin' Jack 03-01-2010 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mainer (Post 219506)
It is an HE - I'm sure it helps my being even more POed at myself

Count your blessings.

A friend, parked next to me, dropped his fob into a puddle last week. The car then would not start, and anything he tried, set off his alarm !

David Price 03-01-2010 03:34 PM

John: Why did your friend have his FOB out of his pocket? You don't need it for anything that I know of unless the FOB battery is dead.

jbollt 03-01-2010 03:37 PM

Actualy, John didn't say his friend had a TCH. I have an 09 Venza with the smart key system, and I can open the hatch as I approach the car from my fob. It powers up and is ready to input items when I get here.

Smilin' Jack 03-01-2010 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by jbollt (Post 219563)
Actualy, John didn't say his friend had a TCH. I have an 09 Venza with the smart key system, and I can open the hatch as I approach the car from my fob. It powers up and is ready to input items when I get here.

Wasn't a Camry.

I think he was going to operate the door lock.

David Price 03-02-2010 02:08 PM

Jeff: My mistake, since this is a TCH Fourm I assumed that he was talking about a TCH FOB.:confused:

jbollt 03-02-2010 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by David Price (Post 219607)
Jeff: My mistake, since this is a TCH Fourm I assumed that he was talking about a TCH FOB.:confused:

David, Hehe, yeah, I got to thinking about your question, and figured that was the likely answer.